Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
high pivot witchcraft
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the greatest of respect to my BC brethren (my heart goes out to all of you), the weather where I am has been crazy mild. It’s November 22 and I biked on some sweet Rocky Mountain terrain today in temps which reached plus 20C on my Garmin.

This is the mildest fall for me, BY FAR, in 25 years of biking.

Are the rest of you, south of the border, enjoying incredible weather right now as well? Record temps, perhaps?

·
Registered
358 Posts
We had one of the snowiest October’s followed by the driest November’s here in Utah. So the end result is delayed opening days and relying on snowmaking for some white ribbons of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It’s been pretty mild here. We had a foot of snow at my house back before Halloween, but then all of that melted and there was actually traction for once since last spring. It’s now gotten colder and we’ve got a little snow, but I’m still riding. Everything above 7000’ is done though, and it’s only going to get more snow.

I’m happy for the weather to stay warm — I couldn’t care less about skiing and maybe some people would move away if it were a crappy ski season.👍👍👊

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
We had one of the snowiest October’s followed by the driest November’s here in Utah. So the end result is delayed opening days and relying on snowmaking for some white ribbons of death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here in Northern Nevada, shoulder season so not that unusual, winter is coming, like usual.

That said, I got in a few rides on the TRT over the past few weeks and this coming weekend looks awesome!

·
high pivot witchcraft
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It’s been pretty mild here. We had a foot of snow at my house back before Halloween, but then all of that melted and there was actually traction for once since last spring. It’s now gotten colder and we’ve got a little snow, but I’m still riding. Everything above 7000’ is done though, and it’s only going to get more snow.

I’m happy for the weather to stay warm — I couldn’t care less about skiing and maybe some people would move away if it were a crappy ski season.👍👍👊
Yeah. There is a $hit load of snow at higher elevations here. But I was at 5500 feet today. In a tee shirt.

I was thinking that maybe this never previously seen mild weather I am experiencing, was something other regions were noticing as well but apparently not.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
I am not that far from you and I am skiing and fat biking right now. Granted it was 9C at valley bottom today but it stayed cool at mid elevations

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,384 Posts
Denver levelled the record calendar date today for the latest measurable first snowfall of the season and there's nothing meaningful in the forecast any time soon.

·
high pivot witchcraft
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not that far from you and I am skiing and fat biking right now. Granted it was 9C at valley bottom today but it stayed cool at mid elevations
Well, maybe I am over-sensing all this, or over-stating things. That could definitely be the case. It’s not sunbathing weather here but normally by now we have had a lot of very cold weather. And snow in the city. And foothills. That just hasn’t happened.

Good to see from other posts that you are doing ok, btw.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,444 Posts
We've been way colder here in Southcentral Alaska than in recent years. We usually don't get a few of these -°F temps until the January-February time-frame. We've had around a week and a half of constant -F temps during the night hours and a few days were it never went above zero. Usual for us in winter is more like twenties during the day and then down to teens at night. So to have done a bunch of rides already (in that time period) where temps were -10°F or lower is pretty unusual. We did get a 2 foot snow dump, which wasn't all that much precipitable water due to how cold it was, but usually these temps will sink down across central Canada to the lower 48 states a week or so after they start for us.

·
always licking the glass
3,405 Posts
Denver levelled the record calendar date today for the latest measurable first snowfall of the season and there's nothing meaningful in the forecast any time soon.
Honestly this scares me. I really hope we get some precip soon, but the writing is on the wall on how boned we are.

·
9 lives
16,781 Posts
Our weather is typical this time of year for southern Ontario. Some warm spikes (eg. 15c) followed by light dustings of snow (-3c). I have pics over the years riding in full winter gear contrasted with rides on the same days previous years, in shorts and tank tops.

·
high pivot witchcraft
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our weather is typical this time of year for southern Ontario. Some warm spikes (eg. 15c) followed by light dustings of snow (-3c). I have pics over the years riding in full winter gear contrasted with rides on the same days previous years, in shorts and tank tops.
Ok. It’s official. It’s a regional thing with me only, and not global warming. Or some Covid-related apocalyptic foreshadowing. I will try to chill and enjoy it (although I must confess that I am a little stressed about the wear and tear my studded Wrathchilds are taking in the dirt and rock these days).

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Well, maybe I am over-sensing all this, or over-stating things. That could definitely be the case. It’s not sunbathing weather here but normally by now we have had a lot of very cold weather. And snow in the city. And foothills. That just hasn’t happened.

Good to see from other posts that you are doing ok, btw.
We didn’t get hit by the rain at all. Kamloops sits in this dry belt and most the time misses out on these big rain events.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts