Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I've ordered new Session 9 back in June. They told it will be delivered October / November 2022 - not the quickest delivery. Few days ago I've received a message from a Trek distributor that manufacture date for these bikes have changed to Dec 29, 2023! So I will get my new Session somewhere in 2024...

·
MTBR Member since 2001...
331 Posts
I have to say that Trek is a nice looking bike. Considering the lead time (if I were you), I'd put a refundable deposit on at least one other bike... unless you have your heart set on the Trek that is.

You probably have something to ride now if you're looking at a 7K bike anyway. Might be a while. Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say that Trek is a nice looking bike. Considering the lead time (if I were you), I'd put a refundable deposit on at least one other bike... unless you have your heart set on the Trek that is.

You probably have something to ride now if you're looking at a 7K bike anyway. Might be a while. Good luck.
Well... For me it's more of a dream purchase, you know - when you're dreaming about particular car or motocycle model. There are others, probably cheaper and better but you've already defined with your dream and won't give it up easily. For me session is iconic and legendary downhill bike. It always was expensive, even for Trek. I told myself - if I ever will buy a DH bike, it have to be Session... But seems I will have to get other DH bike meantime :)

Luckily, I don't have to put any kind of deposit for this bike. I have some hopes that lead times will improve.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
468 Posts
Luckily, I don't have to put any kind of deposit for this bike. I have some hopes that lead times will improve.
You don't have to, but it could speed things up. Trek will fill orders that have a deposit before they'll ship bikes on spec or fill no-deposit orders. Really, the latter is just the shop keeping your name on file in case they get one of that model shipped to them.

I ordered a Fuel EX 9.8 in the spring and was told I'd be lucky if it showed up in 2021. But I did put a deposit on it. And got it in less than 3 months.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't have to, but it could speed things up. Trek will fill orders that have a deposit before they'll ship bikes on spec or fill no-deposit orders. Really, the latter is just the shop keeping your name on file in case they get one of that model shipped to them.

I ordered a Fuel EX 9.8 in the spring and was told I'd be lucky if it showed up in 2021. But I did put a deposit on it. And got it in less than 3 months.
It's a little bit different here where I live in Europe. Supply chain is more complex - it is more like a "demand list" that is filled in by many small distributors and Trek then delivers requested bikes/frames to the global EU warehouse it Netherlands. You're not allowed to put any kind of deposit until bike is delivered to the global warehouse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.