Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weekend is almost here..Heading to the NW Cali RedWoods for the weekend. My wife, ok I'll keep her now, just bought me an Osprey Raptor 10!! <<F'n SWEET!! My first Hydro pack!

I crash..fall over..hit the dirt..make mistakes all the time!

Anything I should know about Pre-Crash preperation?
Like you crashed and found you should have packed stuff diferently inside..?
Or too thight of srtap..or too loose..

I realize I will learn all this on my own but I am curious to hear stories about crashing with a pack on yer back..?
The good and the bad :)

Thaks for your time!
Burt
RIDE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome..so I need to work on my split second body spin technique and land on my back now!! LOL
And Roger That = Can not Bottle....
I wonder if you fill the bladder with ice n water..then stuff a couple cans o beer in there..yeah I bet they would stay cold!! SWEEEEEET
Hydro-Pack-Beer-Cooler = one of thoes basic Two-Fers
RIDE!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't carry any tools after a bad crash on a dirt bike. Bent a thick Mac wrench on the lower part of my back. If I had to carry tools I would try to keep them in the side areas, not my spine.
I had my femur punch into my tibia, tore my acl, meniscus, and broke my ankle in three places. Still moto, ride mtb to get my leg strength better. NO tools for me in packs thanks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Goahead Rocky...say it

Ouch Paulie...cool thing about the Raptor there is a tool pouch/roll in its own pocket at the very bottom of the pack...seams like a good spot fer stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.