Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64952&stc=1

I decided to hit that jump. It's larger than it looks. Two guys from here (Jack, and Mike???) both cased it kind of hard, but i decided to try it anyway. I went out, about half as far as they did, and pedaled my ass off. I hit the jump way to fast and overcleared the landing by a good 5'. I did an "Oh Sh*t" to face slide. I ended up with a fat gouge on the inside of my lip, and a 1" by 1/2" bone deep cut on the front of my shin. Now I'm wating for my friend to get his car so that he can take me to the doctor so that I can get it stitched up. Sorry for the lack of pics, but I don't have a camera.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
where is the take off and where is the landing...that looks .... um.....how do I say not that big, so you must have a different take off spot or something

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i geuss that jump is cursed, such a not so big jump thats claimed 3 jumpers in a row :D

get well

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Uh-Oh....the first one really hurt...you know when your in the run up, even for a small jump, and somthing just pops in you head and you lose focus, and then you start thinking a bit, and before you know it, you hit the lip and you dont know what the hell is going on, so you stiffen up and dead sailor???thats what happend...took a bar in the chest and cut up both arms...ill be bringing some armor next time...

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
jump

yeah u got the names right. The jump is weird, its not big at all, but has a long gradually steepening lip to it and you need tons of speed. Peter just went too fast (he pedaled his f**king ass off and got nose heavy). Jack says Student Health wasnt open? I thought it was open 24 hours? feel better man.
-mike

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
dude, you crashed so hard, did you lean forward on purpose because you would have been fine but you leaned way forward just before hitting the ground, but i'm glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ride To The Hills said:
Peter just went too fast (he pedaled his f**king ass off and got nose heavy).
i did that on a bigger jump than that and landed in the flat. went so my side after and cut up my knee and broke my derailuer. overshooting sucks

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Master_Jako said:
Uh-Oh....the first one really hurt...you know when your in the run up, even for a small jump, and somthing just pops in you head and you lose focus, and then you start thinking a bit, and before you know it, you hit the lip and you dont know what the hell is going on, so you stiffen up and dead sailor???thats what happend...took a bar in the chest and cut up both arms...ill be bringing some armor next time...
Maybe if you didn't have an anchor fit for a small boat mounted on the front of your bike you wouldn't have nosed it? :D

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
hmmm

you should talk to TheSherpa.........he feels your pain

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
where is the take off and where is the landing...that looks .... um.....how do I say not that big, so you must have a different take off spot or something
yeah, the jump is small. I have hit doubles with a gap three times the size of that one.
here is my reason for crashing on this little p.o.s

two guys that tried jumping it before me cased the crap out of it, and both of them got speed from much further away than i did. So i figured that if I pedal as hard as I can I should clear it nicely. There was also a strong wind from behind, so that helped me fly way over the landing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ironhorsebike1 said:
that sucks. get better. think on the bright side though, you can still ride.
no, i can't ride. :(

I can barely walk right now, and I can't eat, cuz i can barely open my mouth far enought to slip in a straw. My jaw is fine, but I have a fat cut on the inside of my lip. Also, the vicaden(sp) they gave me isn't helping at all :mad:

today was a bad day. I spent over four hours in the ER at the local hospital wating for them to find someone that can fix my lip. I turn's out that I have to go back in tommorow in the morning to get it done

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.