Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now I have always been on the lookout for better quality gear. A couple of months ago I switched to the new Bell Super Helmet. It has much better coverage on the front,side add back of the head. Last Sat. Im sure that extra coverage saved my ear and temple from the same fate as the rest of my left side. Caught a pedal going pretty quick down Tunnel Sat afternoon.:eekster: Hit pretty dang hard and broke my collarbone, bruised ribs and slammed my head. My head got not even a scratch but the helmet took it hard. Broke around my ear and temple area and most of the support in the helmet. Quality gear may cost a bit more but when you hit the ground it's worth it's weight in gold.
Got to say thanks so much to the two guys that rode up after I crashed and helped me walk out. You said your names but I was kind of scrambled at the time. Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Damn Steve!

Pretty impressive hit to walk away from. Does the collarbone require surgery or are you waiting to talk to the docs?

And all this time I thought we were buying this gear because it looks cool.

·
Genius
936 Posts
I am sorry that happened to you. I have cracked a couple helmets myself, someday I might be brave enough to post the pictures my wife took of me that she posted on facebook.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Reactions: mtbike52

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn Steve!

Pretty impressive hit to walk away from. Does the collarbone require surgery or are you waiting to talk to the docs?

And all this time I thought we were buying this gear because it looks cool.
Went straight to the ER. Xray shows that it is still pretty much in line. So no surgery. Whew! Just a follow up in a couple of weeks. The helmet was the big reason I walked. out. And good luck. Bell just sent me a nice discount on a new one. Going to get another one. And they look cool to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.