Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was biking last night and saw a good looking tree. I thought man, I really wanna kiss it. So i did, at 10mph. My mouth and upper chest took the entire hit. I bent a front tooth back which will need root canal + crown, had minor concussion, chin laceration. Helmet pretty much did nothing except look pretty. Do you think I need to replace it?

Doesn't really look damaged, normally I would if the helmet contacted but I'm 90% sure it didn't. I was wearing a Bell Super DH w/o chin bar. I'm going to wear it all the time now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
since 4/10/2009
34,600 Posts
Pics don't show the important spots.

In short, if the foam is compressed ANYWHERE, then the helmet is done.

If it's not compressed anywhere, then you prob didn't hit that part of your body in the crash.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Pics don't show the important spots.

In short, if the foam is compressed ANYWHERE, then the helmet is done.

If it's not compressed anywhere, then you prob didn't hit that part of your body in the crash.
I once crashed on an OTB where my shoulder and face took the hit. My visor was pushed up a bit, but my glasses were untouched and the helmet took no impact (other shifting the visor, which I moved back). I still use that helmet now. As Harold said. If there is any impact on the helmet, or and evidence of compressed foam then replace it. If not then there is no reason to throw it out.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
All this talk about you, you, you...........don't that seem a tad inconsiderate? I mean, all these years that "really nice tree" has just been sitting there, putting down roots, in the spot that Jeebus Himself gave it, and along comes you, who jams at least one tooth into it, shakes it all up, for no good reason at all. Don't you feel any kind of remorse?
What is our species becoming?

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
have you apologized to the tree yet ?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Going out on a limb here and saying that if you didn't hit your helmet that it is fine.
I think you're barking up the wrong tree looking for answers from the forums.
Find another thread to sink your teeth in to so this thread doesn't grow roots and never end.

I'm gonna make like a tree now, and leave.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol you guys are hilarious. I guess I'm just a sap for a good pun. I bought a new Super DH, it was on sale and I'll give myself some time to decide on whether I want to keep or return it.

I'm feeling a bit stiff and wooden, so I'll be taking some time off the bike to gain perspective and see the forest from the trees.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,875 Posts
I'm pining for a better topic so I'll lumber over to another subforum and see what sticks

·
May contain nuts
2,441 Posts
All this talk about you, you, you...........don't that seem a tad inconsiderate? I mean, all these years that "really nice tree" has just been sitting there, putting down roots, in the spot that Jeebus Himself gave it, and along comes you, who jams at least one tooth into it, shakes it all up, for no good reason at all. Don't you feel any kind of remorse?
What is our species becoming?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.