Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday i went for my first serious night ride (sorry no pics... i need a camera) and I think i had the best save of my life. I had only my headlamp so things were not as bright as they should have been. I ended up hitting my left handlebar on a stump that jumped out of nowhere (he was a wiley one indeed). My handlebars went down, bike soon followed, and i did a triple lindy over the top (somehow managing to land on my feet running). Despite dumping, i was pretty pumped about my landing because i had not seen it coming at all and my instinct just sort of took over.

What are your best saves?

·
zip it up, zip it out
265 Posts
So far i have saved my arms and legs with my face, as well as saving my chest with my elbows.

i geuss im just not lucky i have yet come out of crash and not be bleeding and curseing (i have a whopping 2 month exp. under my belt thou )

Good save man good save

·
Registered
109 Posts
It was a relatively smooth downhill and I was probably going down at 25 mph. Well, a groundhog runs out of the trail in front of me and sits there. I freak out and grabbed a whole handful of front brake and before I knew it I wasn't attached to my bike anymore. The cool part is that I landed on my feet and kind of slid/ran until I came to a stop...only to be hit in the back of my leg by my bike. It was definitely the most spectacular save I've ever done and left me speechless because it could've turned out to be a pretty bad crash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.