Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped off my 575 to a LBS to have the rear carbon triangle replaced. Damage caused was my own fault. Laid it down on a rock while riding National. Carbon seatstay is cracked and unsafe to ride. Anyone know how long this process takes. Not looking to warranty it, as it was my own fault. But was hoping that Yeti would atleast help me out and get another triangle on the way so that so I could be back up by this weekend. I am willing to pay a core fee to cover the cost until they get the trianlge back. But I am being told that they have to have the broken triangle first, before they will send out another one. The guy at the LBS is telling me it may take a couple weeks, really bummed. Anyone have any experiane with this process?

·
Registered
338 Posts
When I had my front tri replaced, I sent it to Yeti directly, and had it back the same week.

From a couple of previous threads, the crash replacement cost for the carbon rear tri is said to be $400.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I spoke to the guys at Yeti, they said that they try and make the turn back in 24hrs, so I wasn't sure where the 2 week est. was coming from. Would be killer to get it back within the week, feel like I lost an arm.

·
Singletrack groupie
70 Posts
I would call Yeti direct and just pay for advanced shipping on the frame to them...tell them you will pay for fast shipping back, if it is an in stock part, and not a warranty claim, I wouldn't think it would take that long to get it turned around...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told by my LBS that they shipped my crash replaced rear tri the day they called it in . That was about a 5 days ago. I hope it gets in tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on, thats good to hear. Called Yeti back to clarify and it sounds like their policy is that they wait until they receive the part back, but if the shop is someone they know and have dealt with before they will send it right out. Looks like the parts on the way. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts