Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer with a fairly new Evil bike. It has an issue, that to me, appears to be a pretty blatant defect.

However, Evil said it looks like an impact, and the customer agreed to pay a crash replacement fee already. Now that I am trying to advocate for him, Evil is saying that his agreement to pay was an implicit admission of guilt, and they will not send anything out warranty. Pay up front and if Evil deems it to be warranty they will credit him back once they receive the swingarm back for inspection.

If this is the way it has to happen, does anybody have any experience with this situation and the timeliness and form of a credit back? It seems a bit backward to me not to just send a swingarm to the shop with a post-dated invoice, and just cancel it if it is a warranty. The customer is a teenager heading to college in a few months, and I don't want to see him put out. And yes, I am sure it is a defect. I have 20 years experience separating "JRA" from "there is no way you could hit the frame with anything in that spot, and it is kinda insulting that Evil is insinuating that it's possible, let alone likely".

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I don’t know how to get Evil to play ball with you. But I’m curious where the damage is? I cracked my Wreckoning swing arm on top of the left side seat stay. It happened while riding, not in a crash, but because my swing arm already had chips and scratches on it they refused to warranty it and I had to pay for a crash replacement.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how to get Evil to play ball with you. But I'm curious where the damage is? I cracked my Wreckoning swing arm on top of the left side seat stay. It happened while riding, not in a crash, but because my swing arm already had chips and scratches on it they refused to warranty it and I had to pay for a crash replacement.
Front/bottom edge of RH chainstay, tucked right behind the ISCG tab/BB and chainring. No collateral damage to any of the adjacent frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.