Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Crash or Close call pix [o]

14K views 125 replies 71 participants last post by  tkblazer 
#1 ·
Let's see them everyone. Lidarman needs some cheering up, and what could possibly be more effective at cheering someone up than the misfortune of others.:)

I'll start

See less See more
#5 ·
I was there yesterday. Flying around a corner, small log in the way. Bunny hop, clear, land, somehow grab front brake, eat dirt. Its an interesting feeling, knowing that you will be hitting the ground in less than a second, having time to thingk "this is gonna hurt" but yet not enough time to do anything about it.

#11 ·
ZoSoSwiM said:
He is smiling way too much to be scared of going over. Eigther he doesn't realize it yet or he planned it?!
I think that is Dan's famous grimace describing his thoughts
"I think I need to leap over my handlebars now or I'm toast!"

He almost did too, but the landing was followed by another two foot drop off at the end of that rock so no dice.

#24 ·
NuMexJoe said:
Check my left hand, squeezing the brake despite my brain screaming "Let go of the brake!!!" I had no business being on the DH course and Angel Fire, anyway. IIRC, Kristian gets photo credit.
- Joe
That is one of my biggest fears is that instinct to grab the front brake. It is just there screaming "Squeeze me like you do the Charmin!" and how many of us answered the call??? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.