Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Awesomist™
2,950 Posts
Just watched Dual Slalom finals... was pretty stoked on that! Saw one of the RPM juniors in the final round, super rad!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Damn the product placement is ridiculous. The announcers take every opportunity to mention any product they can.

"those adidas high performance goggles really help keep the wind out of their eyes when they're trying to land those tricks"
(they're goggles duh)

"you know what he should do? go relax, hydrate, grab himself an ice cold powerade"

"he's rocking those mavic wheels, those dee trax handled that drop no problem"

Seriously guys? It's a little bit TOO obvious.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, those announcers kindasuck. Yesterday was just as bad, but they made more mistakes. Glad that's not my job. Be grateful they're not advertising Kokanee beer like they do up at the whizz.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
It's crazy how weather the last two years has affected the schedule. I was driving back from Dillon yesterday about 1:30pm and ran into a cloudburst just east of Eisenhower Tunnel. All traffic slowed to about 10 mph. In construction we would describe the rain as "pouring piss out of a boot" or "a horse pissing on a flat rock". I mean, like driving into a huge wave on the shore. Incredible stuff. Not so good for Crankworks. Hope it clears for the weekend.

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
Boot camp was pretty muddy when they opened it up this afternoon. Got some good riding in today, but having that many people there with how wet it is, the trails are taking a BEATING quick!

It DUMPED for about an hour this evening just across the pass from WP, I'm guessing it did there as well. Hope it doesn't screw things up.

Kinda fun riding down & when you stop you've got one of dozens of badasses next to you, lots of big boys there today.

·
killin clear creek
760 Posts
A few shots from yesterday. I got done riding late, so didn't get too many shots.

Sorry, straight from the camera, no post yet. A bit windy, but it got done eventually.

Berrecloth after sending his bike off the last hit all by itself!

Not QUITE the way he planned that...

Berrecloth trying to make it across the floating 2x8's... a 14 yr old made it 99.9% of the way, it took over an hour for the next guy to make it!

Darren sampling a bit of CO's finest... under the helmet...

I guess Darren's helmet wasn't enough luck to get her across!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts