Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My bike came with a Stylo 6k crankset which is quite heavy, what are the best crankset option in the market at the moment that will not break the bank but will be lighter than what I have?
It needs to be boost.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep an eye out for some XX1 cranks. A lot of people are upgrading to AXS drivetrains who already had XX1 so are either dumping their original crank or the new AXS one.
My brother has managed to get both himself and his wife a new set of XX1 DUB cranks this way for half the cost of retail set.
611g for STYLO DUB with a 32t versus 438g XX1 DUB with a 36t

·
Registered
70 Posts
truvativ descendent carbon - $250 bucks - 550g w/chainring +/-
Its a good "middle ground" option at 550g with Cahainring. Its more an "all mountain/Enduro" crank to be honest.
You can save another 100g with XX1, Raceface, or even the Praxis for not a huge amount more investment (last XX1 AXS crank we got for $300USD brand new)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there a difference between a SRAM AXS crank and a regular XX1 Eagle crank? I've seen some good deals come up on XX1 DUB cranks but they list AXS in the description From what I can tell there is no difference and they should be able to be used on a regular mechanical (non electronic/AXS) drive train. Am I correct in thinking this? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.