Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new bike and it was frame with an mix of XT and the sram equivalent...I just can't tell about the cranks. They are graphite gray and say shimano hollowtech II on them. The chainrings are black and say mega drive. The front derailleur says XT mega drive.

Are these XT?

I'll post a picture up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tussery said:
I saw you picked up a Epic Expert in another thread. According to spesh they are FC-M762 XT Hollowtech II cranks.
Actually the ones on the epic clearly say XT, This is new purchase, it's the 2010 epic 29er, it's the marathon black and red one, but I had the framed built with the mix match componets rather the pricey sram XX.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
epicaz said:
Actually the ones on the epic clearly say XT, This is new purchase, it's the 2010 epic 29er, it's the marathon black and red one, but I had the framed built with the mix match componets rather the pricey sram XX.
Specialized is still using that crank on many 2010 models (FC-M762) and it matches the description you gave...check the back of the crankarms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After checking the Specialized site I'm kind of thinking they are the cranks from Epic 26 9 Expert. The tech specs list Custom FC-M762 XT, 2pc

I have to search for those numbers printed on there, i guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.