Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apoligize if this post should not be placed here.. Anyway, the stock crankset and bottom bracket i have keeps comming loose, and when i stand up and put my weight on them they flex. The set i have been looking at is the RaceFace Atlas.. I am just getting back into riding from many many years. I am a bigger rider and like the all mountain rides. I dont want to have to worry about breaking the set but i want them to be light as they can be for a heavy rider. sorry for the long drawn out post, but is that my best option? I cant spend more then the price for the RaceFace Atlas. thanks for any help.

·
Old man on a bike
12,388 Posts
I'd be checking why the current setup isn't working first, i.e. why it's coming loose; if you don't figure that out now you may have that problem with the new stuff, too. What bike and what crank are you currently using? What do you weigh to have such flex issues from simply standing to pedal? I've used a wide variety of cranks, and am not small, and flex just isn't much of a concern...

PS there is a drivetrain forum, where you might get more experienced answers about specific setups than in the beginner's forum....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts