Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a drop today it was about 4.5 feet and i kinda landed wrong, but i cant figure out is if i bent my cranks or my pedals. the right crank arm is kinda close to the frame but not touching it but i can feel a little wobble when im pedaling cant really figure out what it is

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s. what are you guys running for cranks i really hate bending cranks this is the 3 set i have been threw in the last year. need something that will hold up but not breaks the bank. what would you guys recommend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cranks

I think you bent the crank, I am using FSA carbon cranks and they are ultra stiff, I weigh 240 and 6' and have no problems with em, plus they have 10 year warranty.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wasw looking at getting the raceface evolve cranks for 100 bucks. i have herd they are very strong and very stiff. i am kinda shying away from fsa because that is what cranks i bent.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Evolve are Racefaces low end cranks. If you want the stiffest go for Raceface Diabolus.
Also, the Raceface Northshores are great cranks however they use an ISIS BB. As they've been discontinued you can get great deals on them right now. I've been using mine for three years and have done some real dumbass things on them but they're still straight as new.
WATTO said:
i wasw looking at getting the raceface evolve cranks for 100 bucks. i have herd they are very strong and very stiff. i am kinda shying away from fsa because that is what cranks i bent.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what i have herd the evolve cranks are just a strong as the diabolus and have the price i just need something soon i will talk to the guys at me lbs tommarow and see what they say i wish i could find a good deal on some profiles or other big cormo cranks for a good price

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
profiles are on my list right now i have to get wheels and fork first. bike just went into the shop to day to get some stuff adjusted.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
WATTO said:
i did a drop today it was about 4.5 feet and i kinda landed wrong, but i cant figure out is if i bent my cranks or my pedals. the right crank arm is kinda close to the frame but not touching it but i can feel a little wobble when im pedaling cant really figure out what it is
It may just be me, but if you're a clyd and doing a REAL 4.5 foot drop, you should be on a SERIOUS DH/FR bike...

I'd limit myself to drops around 2ft of a XC bike, unless you happen to be really smooth. I'm pretty smooth, and I don't take big drops (ever), and havn't ever bent/broken anything in 15yrs of riding/racing...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i agree with you. if your a big guy you need stronger stuff. that is why i am upgradeing my cranks, forks and wheels. the frame i have is plenty strong (haro 8.1) just that the stock compenents are not strong enough for me. i am getting the azonic outlaw wheelset, manitou stance flow forks with 20 mil axle and probably the raceface evolve cranks.

·
Are you gonna eat that?
500 Posts
Cambria bikes have the Truvativ Holzfeller cranks (their top of the line DH crank) as a sick deal for $140 instead of $240, I picked a set up last week.

Edit: Oh, the pic on the site is black, but mine were silver when they arrived, didn't bother me any :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.