Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
XT.

(with the enduro BB cups (steel not ceramic..)

Stiff, light, easy to install.

(Used to run the Race Face Atlas on my Foes FXR and replaced it with the XT. The plastic spacer rings on the Race Face system did not hold up for me an always required adjustment). The XT has been trouble free for two years.

I do like the new saint though. It looks good and might be a good compromise if you are looking for something a little burlier.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
My wife's running the Gravity Lite cranks on her bike. I don't think she could swear by them as she only has 3 days on the bike so far (2 bike park and 1 xc ride).

I also run these on my DH bike and really like them - although they can be tricky to get the spacing/chainline correct (particularly with my 83mm hub spacing).

Cheers,
EB

My wife and her setup:

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
175mm Hone's with RF rings on my DT (24/34)

So far; Stiff, smooth, quiet, and easy to work on. ( hey at least I changed 1 word :D )

michael

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
006_007 said:
I have half a dozen or so rides on my gravity lights (on a V-tach) and am very impressed with them so far. Time will tell the beating they can take.

Pretty sure you couldnt go wrong with a set of XT. I am very disappointed in the raceface stuff (really not a fan of their mounting system)
I second on the Raceface stuff. I have a set on my DT now and just ordered XT. I need the stiffness and durability of the external BB. My ISIS isn't doing it.

I did wish they came in black also though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.