Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
soulrider
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a new frame and had a reputable bike shop swap parts over from my old frame. I also bought a race face bottom bracket and crankset. All of this was installed by the shop. after a 1 hour ride i cleaned the bike and noticed some horizontal play in the bb. i took the bike to the shop. the guy that built my bike was there and said it was nothing to worry about, and said that he would tighten it and he did. But, after my next ride it loosened again. I took the bike in and they said they would contact raceface for a possible warrenty. Raceface says they will not warrenty because i rode on it when it was loose. Now this is an isis drive crankarm and bb. My understanding is that they are strong. Actually they are great i have had several other bikes with them. I am calling a bad install on this one and asking to get a comped part. The shop manager is refusing to give me the crank and says it might have been a bad install but he cant be sure so he will "meet me in the midde." (read sell me it at cost so only i lose money) Anyone have some advice on how to deal with

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.