Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ilmfat
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So slapheadmofo has inspired me to sign Gwen up for bmx racing.

She's 5.

I got her a mini for her first bike, but she didn't like it. After shorter cranks, she likes it okay, but sticks to her mtb.

When I sign her up to race, should I keep the 120s on her mini or put the stock 145s back on and tell her to get used to it?

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
So slapheadmofo has inspired me to sign Gwen up for bmx racing.

She's 5.

I got her a mini for her first bike, but she didn't like it. After shorter cranks, she likes it okay, but sticks to her mtb.

When I sign her up to race, should I keep the 120s on her mini or put the stock 145s back on and tell her to get used to it?

Nice!

If she's most comfortable on her mtb, let her start out on that.
Mine actually did his first few races on a 16" with a coaster brake.

Just keep it all about having fun and learning to get around the track without crashing to start out with and see where she takes it from there.

·
ilmfat
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They just finished the rough work on the track rebuild.

Headed up tonight with shovels to help polish it up.

Hopefully practice will start soon.

Ill keep u posted.

·
ilmfat
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we been so busy we just havent made it up there.

and now that she does dance twice a week and helps her momma coach soccer, it'll be a while.

incidentally, i have the 102 spawn crank off of lil sis's banshee. i'll never use it, if'n your interested.

·
Cheapo
298 Posts
we been so busy we just havent made it up there.

and now that she does dance twice a week and helps her momma coach soccer, it'll be a while.

incidentally, i have the 102 spawn crank off of lil sis's banshee. i'll never use it, if'n your interested.
I'm interested, back off! :rant: LMAO. Shoot me over the details...?

I'll measure what I have currently when I get home assuming it's not already stamped on there.

We have ours in gymnastics 1x week and the younger one is starting dance too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts