Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cranks: XTR M960
Frame: Cannondale Rush with a 68mm wide BB

I've been told that you need to install 2 spacers between the frame and BB bearing cup on the drive side, and 1 spacer on the non-drive side.

I tried to do it but it seems that the spindle is too short and only let me install one spacer on the drive side. If I install another spacer there or the one that goes in the left side the fixing bolt that holds the left crank arm in place can't be installed as it's too short.

Does the m960 came in different spindle lenghts or does anyone has an idea of what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
well, for a 68mm shell, it is 2 spacers driveside, 1 non-driveside. are you sure you're dealing with a 68mm shell? frame been faced? sure the driveside crankarm is seated up against the bb cup?

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,987 Posts
C'dales usually get good treatment from the factory, so facing sgouldn't be an issue. If you tried the recommended setup and it didn't fit, go with what does -- one on each side? what about just 2 on the drive side (remember chainline)? when i build up, i use what works; if the recommended doesn't, then F it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.