Santa Cruz Blur LT with a XTR M952 BB (112.5mm). I
think the spacers on each side of the BB are 1.5mm? My question
is, can I add more spacers to the driveside so the crankarm doesn't hit
the chainstay? The crankarm hits when a put force on the cranks (which is
pretty much always).

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
The 112.5 mm XTR bottom bracket with one 2.mm spacer on each side should work on the Blur. I had that same setup on my Superlight. Those would normally be fairly stiff cranks so if you're getting that much flex, I would suspect that the spline interface is wearing out on the cranks arms.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not sure if this helps any, but here is a quote from the Santa Cruz website.

What size bottom bracket should I use on my Blur LT?
This depends on the specific crank manufacturer.
The Blur uses a 68mm BB shell and - like 95% of the bikes out there - requires a 47.5-50mm chainline*.
(*chainline is the measurement spec from the center of the BB shell to the middle ring)
All of the new external bearing cranksets should work fine - just follow the manufacturers instructions for set-up with a 68mm BB shell.
Most ISIS cranks use a 113mm spindle.
Older XT cranks (2002-2003) use a 113. Some LX cranks from'03 - '04 use a 121mm. Old XTR cranks (before the external bearings) should use a 116mm.
Call your crank manufacturer if you have doubts - just tell them you need a 50mm chainline. ALWAYS buy for a 68mm shell.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed it.

Called Santa Cruz, and they confirmed that because I'm
using the older XTR M952 cranks, I need to use the 116mm BB,
and two spacers on the drive side...works perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.