Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to build up my new Moots Smoothie and was considering a new crankset. I have avoided the whole ISIS thing up to now. I am a huge fan of Phil Wood!! I have been running RF Turbines with Action Tec and Bone Ti chainrings. As I look about it appears that it is all but impossible (away from Ebay) to buy square taper cranks anymore!! Whats the deal with the new crop of 'integrated BB' set-ups?? I know I'm biased, but I find it hard to believe that these outboard bearring BB designs are as bullet proof as PW, who pretty much sets the standard for quality in BB. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and try this design?? What have people found? Thanx in advance!

·
Candlestick Maker
3,567 Posts
MTBDad said:
I am about to build up my new Moots Smoothie and was considering a new crankset. I have avoided the whole ISIS thing up to now. I am a huge fan of Phil Wood!! I have been running RF Turbines with Action Tec and Bone Ti chainrings. As I look about it appears that it is all but impossible (away from Ebay) to buy square taper cranks anymore!! Whats the deal with the new crop of 'integrated BB' set-ups?? I know I'm biased, but I find it hard to believe that these outboard bearring BB designs are as bullet proof as PW, who pretty much sets the standard for quality in BB. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and try this design?? What have people found? Thanx in advance!
I have no personal experience with the new integrated bb set-ups, but pricepoint.com still has RaceFace square taper cranks (both Next LP and Turbine LP)...

baker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.