Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
These guys all make great cranks first off. But, lots of ring choices is what I’d be looking for so I’d shy from Shimano cause of that. Someone previously posted that SRAM will need a DUB bb, and the others can use any 24mm bb, well DUB aftermarket is growing quick.
But, I’d offer that the way the stock SRAM DUB bb spacers work are pretty damn slick. The appropriate spacer clicks into the bearing shield on the outside. That’s just one less rotating surface outside the bearing to get dirt and gunk into. I’ve used Shimano, GXP, 30mm, and DUB BB’s and the industry should take note of how SRAM incorporates spacers on DUB.
For the record, I’m that weird guy who likes his bike clean and silent. Not saying that non dub systems suck, only saying once you’ve used it you’ll probably appreciate it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These guys all make great cranks first off. But, lots of ring choices is what I'd be looking for so I'd shy from Shimano cause of that. Someone previously posted that SRAM will need a DUB bb, and the others can use any 24mm bb, well DUB aftermarket is growing quick.
But, I'd offer that the way the stock SRAM DUB bb spacers work are pretty damn slick. The appropriate spacer clicks into the bearing shield on the outside. That's just one less rotating surface outside the bearing to get dirt and gunk into. I've used Shimano, GXP, 30mm, and DUB BB's and the industry should take note of how SRAM incorporates spacers on DUB.
For the record, I'm that weird guy who likes his bike clean and silent. Not saying that non dub systems suck, only saying once you've used it you'll probably appreciate it.
Thank you for this input. Right now I run non cinch raceface with an XT bottom bracket. I need boost and wanted some input before I get the cranks.

·
Premium Member
10,593 Posts
Thank you for this input. Right now I run non cinch raceface with an XT bottom bracket. I need boost and wanted some input before I get the cranks.
It's not the crank that makes it boost, it's the chainring offset.

If you have a Raceface Cinch now, you just need to get a boost chainring ... unless you just want new cranks.

I ride SRAM GX Dub, work great.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not the crank that makes it boost, it's the chainring offset.

If you have a Raceface Cinch now, you just need to get a boost chainring ... unless you just want new cranks.

I ride SRAM GX Dub, work great.
Yup, I know the boost is in the chain ring. Problem is that I don't have cinch, I have a set of ride cranks that are 104bcd. Thanks for the dub-input, that is the route I am looking to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.