Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a KHS fetish? or dominatrix, I dont know.. The DH100 frame. Me and a friend borrowed it and the threads in the crank stripped (truvativ hussefelts).. He wants to replace with the same cranks, but now the newest hussefelts have howitzer BB (and too expensive, and we arent replacing the BB, just cranks). I did find ISIS BB hussefelts for 85 on cambriabike.com but they are the 3 chain ring version. My questions is, will his MRP(i think?) chain guide or any part of the frame interfere with the tabs for the small ring(small and largest rings will be removed- and his chain guide installed) From what I can find it sounds like the tabs dont get in the way, but it'd be nice if someone knew for sure.
Thanks in advance
Nick

·
Registered
558 Posts
ncg53 said:
My friend has a KHS fetish? or dominatrix, I dont know.. The DH100 frame. Me and a friend borrowed it and the threads in the crank stripped (truvativ hussefelts).. He wants to replace with the same cranks, but now the newest hussefelts have howitzer BB (and too expensive, and we arent replacing the BB, just cranks). I did find ISIS BB hussefelts for 85 on cambriabike.com but they are the 3 chain ring version. My questions is, will his MRP(i think?) chain guide or any part of the frame interfere with the tabs for the small ring(small and largest rings will be removed- and his chain guide installed) From what I can find it sounds like the tabs dont get in the way, but it'd be nice if someone knew for sure.
Thanks in advance
Nick
The small ring tabs will most likely interfere with the bolts holding the chainguide to the BB (they did on my bike). I have drilled out/filed down (3) sets of small ring tabs on the 3 ring Hussefelts without a problem. BTW, all have failed at the pedal insert not the spider.
This is not the ideal situation but a cheap fix. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, MC 9.5, do you mean that they interfere with the bolts that hold the chain guide to the BB shell?(ISCG mount or whatever)?

·
Registered
558 Posts
ncg53 said:
Thanks for the replies, MC 9.5, do you mean that they interfere with the bolts that hold the chain guide to the BB shell?(ISCG mount or whatever)?
Exactly!!! Most style bolt heads are too tall and are in line with the small ring/crank tabs.
I used a 1/2" drill and removed most of the tab on the crank. (A 5/8" drill would work perfect). I then filed away what little was left of the tabs.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
If set up properly, the granny mounts SHOULD NOT interfere with the chainguide or the bolts. The bolts are supposed to mount flush with the surface of the guide (or atleast that's how it's been with all of my e13s). But if they do, a couple minutes with the dremel and you're all set to go.

·
Registered
558 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
If set up properly, the granny mounts SHOULD NOT interfere with the chainguide or the bolts. The bolts are supposed to mount flush with the surface of the guide (or atleast that's how it's been with all of my e13s). But if they do, a couple minutes with the dremel and you're all set to go.
I would asume that is how it 'should be'. But not the case on my MRP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.