Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of old (circa 2008) CB Mallet pedals and on one of them the coil spring keeps sliding sideways and binding on the pedal body or disengaging from one of the "wings" so that pedal jams open and i can't clip in. Does anybody have a suggestion for locking down the spring so it does not go sideways and jam the pedal?
BTW I do not consider "buy Time" or "buy Shimano" constructive suggestions. I know what I'm dealing with and out of 6 sets of Crank Brothers Mallet and Candy pedals in the fleet these are the only ones with issues.

Thanks

·
turtles make me hot
11,753 Posts
Two things you can do. I've also done em both...

First, I had those same pedals a while back and had the exact same thing happen. I disassembled the pedal, filed the spot the spring is hanging up on to make a little more room and installed an AN washer between the spring and body. It worked like a charm.
THEN, when I saw the newer, lighter, roller bearing Mallets, I upgraded, threw the old ones to a friend with no money and have never been happier.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,350 Posts
I'd beat them with a hammer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.