Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just received an email from Crank Brothers. The Iodine wheelset is about three months out or so. I think it will be a winner at 1750 grams and tubless ready without running the added weight of a strip (unless mavic comes out with a 821 rim finally).

·
Happy when not-last.
221 Posts
smithrider said:
I just received an email from Crank Brothers. The Iodine wheelset is about three months out or so. I think it will be a winner at 1750 grams and tubless ready without running the added weight of a strip (unless mavic comes out with a 821 rim finally).
smithrider:
I know it's off topic, but you seem to understand. Can you explain Mavic's numbering scheme? I can't make sense of it!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
MinskyBA said:
smithrider:
I know it's off topic, but you seem to understand. Can you explain Mavic's numbering scheme? I can't make sense of it!
First number is the grade of the rim, the lower numbers are entry levels and the higher numbers are higher-end. 8 means UST. The last two digits are the internal rim width. So a 821 would be a UST rim with a 21mm internal rim width...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.