Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my set of 5050x's today. Damn, these things are beefy! I really like the idea of removable plates for the high impact areas. (These areas are also a higher strength aluminum.) Can't wait to buy some of the longer pins, and maybe some dark green replacement plates. BLING!

As soon as my bank stops flagging Planet X / On-one as a fraudulent charge (and not letting it through) despite multiple calls telling them that I want this charge to go through, I'll be able to slap them on my brand new Inbred 29er and give them a whirl.

I got the x's because I was then able to pick up a set of Candy's for fifty bucks. Total price just about 20 bucks more than the XX's.

Full review of both to come.

...iC...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a set of these on my Pugsley for the winter. They work great with a pair of Sorel boots and as a bonus I have finally figured out how to bunny hop with platforms - not that I can hop the Pugsley very high anyways. I think I may order the long spikes for better grip with winter boots though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.