Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can adjust the tension on theses pedals? Is so, I would love to know how (falling because you cant clip out on a steep hill isn't fun, which happened today :(). Also, I noticed that the springs seem to flex a a little when hammering down on them, is this "flex" normal do you think? Thanks for any help.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
You can't adjust the tension but you don't need to. Your problem is most likely not a tension problem but an interference between the pedal body and the shoe's sole. I use a Dremel or a knife to take a bit of rubber off my shoes on the lugs around the cleat area. Don't take too much off though, unless you like more free-float. I like absolutely no contact between the shoe and pedal, keeps my knees happy and makes clip-ins and outs easy and fast.

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
You can't adjust the tension, but you can adjust the release angle.

Put the cleat with the dots on it on your right shoe for a 15° release angle and put it on the left for a 20° release angle.

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
You may also want to mess around with adding or removing the thin spacer that comes with the pedals. Last time I switched shoes, my beaters did not work so well. They didn't seem to be very secure, so I removed the spacers and they were back to normal.

All of that being said, you may need to get used to the CBs. They are a bit different than normal SPDs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.