Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new set on Ebay for $68 shipped. I don't think I got jobbed. Do you? They seem to be a good compromise between the two worlds.

I hit some tough xc this weekend and my foot was slipping off my zu-zu's. The hills at Chimney Rock in NJ are pretty rough and I was longing for clipless. So I just took the plunge.

·
We get titles?
935 Posts
great price

Philo Beddoe said:
Just bought a new set on Ebay for $68 shipped. I don't think I got jobbed. Do you? They seem to be a good compromise between the two worlds.

I hit some tough xc this weekend and my foot was slipping off my zu-zu's. The hills at Chimney Rock in NJ are pretty rough and I was longing for clipless. So I just took the plunge.
$68 shipped is a great price.
I got mine from jenson with a price match from beyond bikes for $59 + shipping. I like 'em, but for XC riding, I'll stick with my standard Eggs. Those Mallets weigh a ton.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes

upNdown said:
I got mine from jenson with a price match from beyond bikes for $59 + shipping. I like 'em, but for XC riding, I'll stick with my standard Eggs. Those Mallets weigh a ton.

They do look pretty enormous. I do different types of riding so I wanted to give these a try. I don't want to be swapping pedals all the time. I will wind up stripping my crank knowing the luck I have working on cars and bikes.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
upNdown said:
There's a magnesium version of the Mallets out now, they weigh 464g per pair. Still, I find the 540g if the Mallet Cs to be very reasonable considering the size of the platform. You can remove the steel traction plates to lighten them a bit. The ones with the short teeth don't really contribute to grip.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool but

fonseca said:
There's a magnesium version of the Mallets out now, they weigh 464g per pair. Still, I find the 540g if the Mallet Cs to be very reasonable considering the size of the platform. You can remove the steel traction plates to lighten them a bit. The ones with the short teeth don't really contribute to grip.
But we are talking about 80 grams which is 2.82 oz. I am not racing. I think alot of people get carried away when talking about weight anyway. Most don't even probably know what a gram is.

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Philo Beddoe said:
Most don't even probably know what a gram is.
About a paperclip, according to my third grade teacher :D I knew something useful would come from finishing elementary school!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts