Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new crankset and bottom bracket. I'll be getting a Truvativ Hussefelt Crankset and I also have to get a new bb. I was wondering if a raceface x-type bottom bracket would be compatible with a Hussefelt crank and with an e-type front derailuer?
Thnaks

G

·
mtnbiker662 said:
I'm looking to get a new crankset and bottom bracket. I'll be getting a Truvativ Hussefelt Crankset and I also have to get a new bb. I was wondering if a raceface x-type bottom bracket would be compatible with a Hussefelt crank and with an e-type front derailuer?
Thnaks
I recommend the race face evolve DH cranks over the hussefelts, I had the hussefelts, and now I have the evolve and I like them much better, close in stiffness, but the evolve is lighter and prettier....and the threads for the pedals dont get seized...and they dont come loose all the time...

Not sure if that setup will work or not, but do yourself a favour and get some evolves...
(the hussefelts will fit on the raceface BB) .. I dont know anything about front derailluer setups.... I am using a truvativ gigapipe team DH BB with evolves, stiff, strong reliable setup without being too heavy, at a great price..

If you do get the hussefelts, use loctite and check the cranktightness weekly...
I learned the hard way, came loose and wore out, then they just came loose wayyyyy easier, even with loctite....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but the hussefelts will have to do for now. I need them as soon as possible and I won't have much money saved up until the end of the summer.

Anyone know about the e-type compatibility with the raceface x-type bb?

G

·
XSL_WiLL said:
Will not work. If it's the newer Hussefelt, you'll have to use their Howitzer BB. Don't use a e-type front derailleur unless you absolutely have to.
Yeah hes right...... never even thought of the new hussefelts.......

I have no idea what a etype derailluer is........

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
It won't work on an X Type BB. It will on the ISIS RF BB's.

Of course, TV says you aren't supposed to swap. Retards.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, i just decided to order the crank and bb that I know will work and hope for the best on the derailuer. If I need a new front derailuer its not a big deal as I can get one pretty cheap or just run one chainring up front.

G

·
Holy sh!t I didnt even see X type.......
X type only works with race face x type cranks........

I should really pay attention

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.