Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mileage Junkie
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat out of the loop on the DH/FR thing, but have been reading up so I can get this hardtail up and running soon.

I want to run a 32 or 34t single ring up front, with a chainguide system (E.13 STS is probably the one I'm going with, maybe MRP Mini-Me though, probably the e).

Anyway, bike has "normal" bb mount, so both of the above systems should work according to my research.

My issue is trying to figure out what crank/bb I need to do a setup like this. Do I need a special BB at all, or will any old one work? What about cranks? Can I get a triple setup and just run the middle ring and have it all stay kosher?

Any suggestions on what to go with? Maybe do a "everybody has this" setup, and a "if you can afford it get this" setup to help me narrow this down.

Thanks a bundle,

·
Registered
467 Posts
10kman said:
Somewhat out of the loop on the DH/FR thing, but have been reading up so I can get this hardtail up and running soon.

I want to run a 32 or 34t single ring up front, with a chainguide system (E.13 STS is probably the one I'm going with, maybe MRP Mini-Me though, probably the e).

Anyway, bike has "normal" bb mount, so both of the above systems should work according to my research.

My issue is trying to figure out what crank/bb I need to do a setup like this. Do I need a special BB at all, or will any old one work? What about cranks? Can I get a triple setup and just run the middle ring and have it all stay kosher?

Any suggestions on what to go with? Maybe do a "everybody has this" setup, and a "if you can afford it get this" setup to help me narrow this down.

Thanks a bundle,

any BB should work. im not sure if the external bearing type work. i rembmer hearing that they do work. if they do work, i would definitly go with this, as it is the stiffest strongest crank/BB setup. as long as the cranks work wiht your BB, you shouldn't have a problem. if its a triple, just remove the granny and replace the big ring with the bash plate included with the SRS. oh yeah, definitly go with the SRS, Evil is a great company with some of the best customer suppoert i have ever dealt with.

·
Mileage Junkie
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spindle....

Do I need a longer spindle than "normal" with the E-13 setup, or is it pretty low-profile?

it's a from-scratch build, so I can go with whatever, I'd rather do it right once than screw it up first time through.

Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts