Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window is open for cyclists to ride hwy 120 Tioga Pass Road before it opens to cars. If weather doesn't intervene it will be open this weekend to ride from Crane Flat to Olmsted Point (~57mi. RT). It is a sweet ride.

From the Yosemite website:
Tioga Road

Snow removal began on April 16, with plows reaching Porcupine Flat.

There is currently no estimated opening date for the Tioga Road. The road is closed to vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians when snow removal operations are underway.
A limited portion of Tioga Road will open to bicycles only on Saturday, April 19 at 6 am and will close at sunset Sunday, April 20. The road will be open between Crane Flat and May Lake junction (or beyond, if conditions permit; road closure signs will indicate the end of the opening). Cyclists should use caution, as they may encounter debris on the road, and should not proceed beyond the road closure signs. No services or facilities will be available.

·
Air Pirate
2,037 Posts
Uhhh....this looks a little late....

This was posted on Monday? The time shown for the original posting says "8 hours ago" at the time I am posting this, which is Tuesday April 22. This was for something that happened over the previous weekend? Was this intended to be a notification if one wanted to ride the road during that time? Thanks, but my time-machine is broken right now....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhhh....this looks a little late....

This was posted on Monday? The time shown for the original posting says "8 hours ago" at the time I am posting this, which is Tuesday April 22. This was for something that happened over the previous weekend? Was this intended to be a notification if one wanted to ride the road during that time? Thanks, but my time-machine is broken right now....
To clarify, that info was from last week, but no time machine is needed in that the road will be open to bikes only on weekends (including this upcoming weekend) until the road opens to cars.

It seems as if updates are posted each Friday to the following website so you can find out the latest for this weekend by checking the website after it is updated on Friday.

So I guess I should have said: "Heads up! Tioga pass road opened to bikes only (no cars) last weekend and the opportunity exists to ride it again this weekend (no cars)! Check out the below website after Friday's update to check on the status for this weekend. Happy trails!"

Tioga and Glacier Point Roads Plowing Update - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts