Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Crane Creek pretty much hosed me on a headset. Ordered it and after two weeks of nothing, I email asking where it is and they say it is 8 weeks out...

In any case, is there a better alternative like the Chris King set? If so, I am open to ideas...

I really am not wanting to wait until end of April to finish the build.

If Chris King, is it like Crane where I will need to order two different parts to make them work on the 2011 RIP?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ordered my headset for my new jet through the LBS and it came right away. I think the 2 part ordering of Cane Creek is great, otherwise they would have to stock like 1000 different combinations for headsets. I got the Cane Creek 40 series zs 44 upper and zs56 lower, couldnt have been any easier unless cane creek physically brought it to me and installed it. I think the king headset is the inset version, but i have no idea on their availability...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FoCo29er said:
I ordered my headset for my new jet through the LBS and it came right away. I think the 2 part ordering of Cane Creek is great, otherwise they would have to stock like 1000 different combinations for headsets. I got the Cane Creek 40 series zs 44 upper and zs56 lower, couldnt have been any easier unless cane creek physically brought it to me and installed it. I think the king headset is the inset version, but i have no idea on their availability...
Yes, the new 2011 RIP needs the inset type...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.