Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately a few idiots have been posting "nice" bikes with very low prices just to jerk buyers around.
I'd guess they nab the pics fro the internet, post the ad, then heckle the people who reply looking to buy...
They say they're targeting the flippers, but it makes it a pita for everyone.

So, when this ad popped up a few days ago with just one pic, I figured it was another prank and just let it go.
When it was still up last night, I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I popped a quick text to the seller.
Not expecting much, but I got a polite reply, and we traded texts and set up a meet for today.

Klein/ Mongoose - $150 (Philly)

I have a Klein an Mongoose bike for sale. Was left in my garage by tenants. For sale both for $150 don't know how much they are worth Klein is in fair condition an mongoose in good condition. Contact # is (267) ••• •••• my name is David
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4422367641 posted: 6 days ago updated: 24 hours ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

Last night, I was still wondering if I was wasting my time (it was a 30+ minute drive to a not so great neighborhood), and getting away on Easter Sunday was going to take some work with my wife.

I text the guy again this morning...still polite, and he sounds sincere...

So my question is, would you guys take the gamble of wasting almost two hours today for shot at the Klein?

Steve

·
Registered
725 Posts
The Klein is interesting. Not sure if it's an almost 2-hour investment interesting, but it's interesting. Looks like it's a Rascal with a Manitou 3 and some Cook Brothers cranks. If it was complete, more period-correct, and not single-speeded, I'd probably go get it.

The Mongoose is not interesting.

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guessing none of you guys will be surprised I took the gamble and went for it.

The possibility of the Cooks cranks did me in.

Turns out the seller was legit, and the cranks were Cooks....

Oh, and the best part is he wanted $150 for both bikes, $75 each...i passed on the Mongoose though ;)

Steve

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Do you have that on film, moving image? I could use that on a music video.
Yep, a pal of ours played it as it burned. Was cool listening to it go farther, and farther out of tune as it went up....

I shot two ~5 minute segments, it took about an hour to consume it completely.

Need it, drop me an email, as long as I get a "copy", happy to let you use it!

Tried to get rid of it (free) for two months. Every single person who arranged to meet me, never showed, that was more than a dozen. Many emails about needing measurements, which I dutifully gave, no response. ]]

One woman wanted just the bench, but free. Um, no.

Another wanted me to bring it to them, and move it in. Um, again, no.

CL brings out all the idiots, that's fer damn sure.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.