Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....two weeks ago i checked my rear x729 and it was straight and round with just minor cracks...then i begun training really hard for the upcoming season in my country,....i checked my rims after every ride and everytime i had more cracks on my rear rim....spoke tenssion and everything was fine or at least i fixed it right....now the rim has 16 cracks including the valve hole....so i guess (lol) it s time to search a new stronger rim...i was thinking of an atomic dhr...strong enough?...i m able to compromise the weight of my bike a bit in order to have a strong rim that will last at least a quarter of the season...anyway.....any advice on some other rims?....i m a big rider, about 6.4" and weight 215pounds or so....i ride a v10 and my style is smooth but my lines ain t nice for the rims....so watcha recommend?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Arrow DHX. Strongest rims I know of. Super tough, not super heavy.

If you want Atomlabs, get the Trailpimps. They are soft and heavy and easy to dent, but very strong. Or Intense Mag 30, same idea as the Trailpimps.

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 months

zedro said:
how old is the rim? you might get warranty for it
i got it with the bike last september...so it would be more or lees 8 months...should i speak with the sc dealer or somehow directly to mavic?..thanx

·
only yeti with dh skills
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no warranty for me

zedro said:
the warranty would be handled through mavic
hey...thanks for everything...but it seems warranty doesn t apply to my rims...it has to do with mavics warranty policy...here ya go the part that applies to my case:
7. This warranty does not apply to "Mavic Special Service Race" products (products engraved with "SSC" or for which the serial numbers have been used by the Mavic Race Department).
and my rims just happen to have that SSC sticker on them...damn it.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
The 729 are the same as the D321 right...!!

If so just get another set of the same rims... I had the same thing with my rear rim... many stress marks like yours but still I got another set of D321/X729... they are one of the best rims out there...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
El Dorado said:
hey...thanks for everything...but it seems warranty doesn t apply to my rims...it has to do with mavics warranty policy...here ya go the part that applies to my case:
7. This warranty does not apply to "Mavic Special Service Race" products (products engraved with "SSC" or for which the serial numbers have been used by the Mavic Race Department).
and my rims just happen to have that SSC sticker on them...damn it.
did you call them tho? everything has a basic warranty, but there are different warranty systems (such as that case). Call them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.