Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to figure out why my crankset creaked...found it! Anyways I am thinking of purchasing an XX1 Crankset. What do I need for the chainring to make it AI compatible? Close-up Circle Bicycle accessory Steel Macro photography

·
Registered
791 Posts
So I was trying to figure out why my crankset creaked...found it! Anyways I am thinking of purchasing an XX1 Crankset. What do I need for the chainring to make it AI compatible? View attachment 1263391
That should be covered under warranty, so take it to your local shop and it should be replaced.

I know it doesn't give you much confidence in those cranks. Although Ive had 20 sets of these and this only happened once to me. Crankarm was promptly replaced.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m trying but I think I only have a 1 year warranty on components and it’s older then that. I’m more interested on what I can install other then Cannondale just in case .

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hollowgram crank arms have a lifetime warranty. If you bought the bike second hand the crank arms can be purchased individually.

If you have your heart set on the XX1 then you will need to buy the complete XX1 Ai crank from your Cannondale dealer and specify a 6mm offset direct mount Eagle chainring

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Thats in the manual yes. I had a 3yr old Hollowgram crank arm replaced under warranty for a similar crack. The distributor told me they had had a few crack so they were replacing crank arms that came in regardless of the age. So it's worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, if I purchase a XX1 Crankset from an online retailer and the 6mm offset chainring, will it fit onto the Cannondale spindle? I think I read that it fits in another thread I combed through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.