Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
Looks like your seat clamp just blow off while riding, seat post dropped down, the tapered end of the post crush that tube open and you probably almost crap your pants when it happened...

Luckily, this could be sent in as a manufacturing default and your LBS should get this worked out for you.

David

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was really kind of peaceful...i was riding right along and i felt the back end kind of sag down and back at an angle(felt like it melted or something). got off my bike and noticed the frame was just shredded. Luckily I was not going downhill or it could have been ugly.

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
it was really kind of peaceful...i was riding right along and i felt the back end kind of sag down and back at an angle(felt like it melted or something). got off my bike and noticed the frame was just shredded. Luckily I was not going downhill or it could have been ugly.
Now you gotta tell the bike shop the story I just gave you... Not the one you just wrote here if you wanna get a replacement frame :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.