Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got done talking to my friend that was supposed to go to Killington with me this Thursday, and bad news. He said he took a turn, and heard a metallicy noise, and now it keeps happening. Could this be a cracked rim, or a busted spoke.....heres a pic of the rim. Does this look like a crack?

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im not sure if its a crack, or just wear the rim meets....im really bad at this stuff. Hes bringing to the LBS tomorrow, but I wanna know if im screwed for going to Killington 2 weeks in a row.

·
Administrator
11,579 Posts
I think that that is where the rim is pinned. They usually put that under stickers to hid it and it will be 180º from the valve hole. Pinch two spokes together doing all the spokes to see if any are broken, one maybe broken at the hub and you may not notice it visually.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i havent seen it....so Im just kinda going on what he has done. I wish he had a larger pic.....that showed more.

·
Registered
896 Posts
DJrider04 said:
Yeah, i havent seen it....so Im just kinda going on what he has done. I wish he had a larger pic.....that showed more.
Nope, not cracked, at least not in the view you showed us. Thats the exact same place where my singletrack is pinned. It sounds like he broke a spoke, last time I broke some spokes i distinctly remember the metallic sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts