Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I want for I ride with my Trance X today and I noticed a weird noise when I landed a jump, about 2 feet to flat, so I looked at my rear suspension and noticed it bottomed out so I assumed this was the noise but I cleaned my bike tonight and saw this:
20140429_205322_HDR.jpg 20140429_205358_HDR.jpg 20140429_205433_HDR.jpg 20140429_205450_HDR.jpg
Can a suspension pivot crack? Or is it just a scratch? Because it seems more like a manufacturing thing, the pivot is like carve out and is really rough and not equal, maybe that's it.. what do you guys think?
(By the way it seems like it's sticking out, this is actually the pivot design)

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
I don't think that's a crack. First, I can't imagine why the pivot would crack in that direction - it's not exactly where most of the stress would be. It looks more like it's a leftover seam from a manufacturing process. If you're hearing noises from the pivots, either re-torque the bolts in the pivots, or have your LBS do it if you don't know the torque specs. I think I have the torque specs for an Anthem written down somewhere, but I can't promise they would be the same for a Trance. I ride a lot, and ride pretty hard, and I have to re-torque my Anthem about every 6 months.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
nvphatty: the other side looks pretty uneven too but you can't see the aluminium, it's all black
Cotharyus: Thanks for the info! And yes it does look like a manufacturing problem.. The 2 holes in pivot are not smooth at all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Broken rear suspension pivot on my 2016 Trek Remedy 29 9.0

wayne iversen 2016 remedy 9.0.jpg

Broken rear suspension pivot on my 2016 Trek Remedy 29 9.0. Anyone every experience this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts