Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Strava thing is driving me insane. I took a crack at my best Kennedy time today. My previous best time was 42 minutes and change. I took on the beast today and got 39:31! Never anticipated cracking the 40 minute barrier but alas it happened. I am super excited about it. The one thing that kills me is this. My wife takes our laptop to her school and we have no other computer in the house. I had to wait till she got home to plug the GPS in because I didn't use my stopwatch. Then as I was finally able to get on, Strava was down:madman: . It was killing me to find out what my time was. I started to doubt myself and think maybe I didn't do as well as I thought. What a nice surprise to see my best time yet. After all this, I still freakin' hate that trail but also love it too. It's complicated. Chum, can I get a virtual high five?:D

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
pmarshall said:
This Strava thing is driving me insane. I took a crack at my best Kennedy time today. My previous best time was 42 minutes and change. I took on the beast today and got 39:31! Never anticipated cracking the 40 minute barrier but alas it happened. I am super excited about it. The one thing that kills me is this. My wife takes our laptop to her school and we have no other computer in the house. I had to wait till she got home to plug the GPS in because I didn't use my stopwatch. Then as I was finally able to get on, Strava was down:madman: . It was killing me to find out what my time was. I started to doubt myself and think maybe I didn't do as well as I thought. What a nice surprise to see my best time yet. After all this, I still freakin' hate that trail but also love it too. It's complicated. Chum, can I get a virtual high five?:D
Congrats on the PR ..... PM.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
OK, I had to give it another try up that fire road climb as well, but, alas, Paul is now too fast for me too. My Strava ride time up Kennedy was 41:41. After a brief rest I decided to redeem myself continuing up Kennedy on the roller coaster. My effort was rewarded with a Strava virtual gold medal: KOM on the 3 walls climb in 10:56.
I also did a loop at St Joes to get me a couple of top 10 spots there as well. I have to get back there with fresh legs someday. Strava is definitely a good motivator to ride more and faster. Off course, I slowed down for all the hikers on the downhills.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice JL- I have good days and bad ones still. This is the first time in my riding career that I can pass people and really push myself. You guys were much faster than me 1 year ago. I dropped 35 lbs and that is what really helped. You and Francois do really fast times up there and then continue to blast up the trail. I am still improving and your right- strava is pushing me to ride hard. I am going on a later morning ride but a nice and easy paced one no matter what strava tells me to do!

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,584 Posts
JL de Jong said:
OK, I had to give it another try up that fire road climb as well, but, alas, Paul is now too fast for me too. My Strava ride time up Kennedy was 41:41. After a brief rest I decided to redeem myself continuing up Kennedy on the roller coaster. My effort was rewarded with a Strava virtual gold medal: KOM on the 3 walls climb in 10:56.
I also did a loop at St Joes to get me a couple of top 10 spots there as well. I have to get back there with fresh legs someday. Strava is definitely a good motivator to ride more and faster. Off course, I slowed down for all the hikers on the downhills.
:eekster: :eek: :eekster: :eek: :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts