Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, looking for some info/hope. i have a six month old trek hybrid and the cross bar got a large crack close to the saddle. Shop says their policy is to send bike back to trek supplier (i'm in ireland) who have now said the crack is not covered under warranty. Bike was never in accident, never dropped, in perfect condition apart from the crack. Bike shop owner says he's going to warehouse to tell them that and will get back to me. Anyone else have any bad experiences with Trek or are they likely to come around and give me new bike?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
bigf said:
hi all, looking for some info/hope. i have a six month old trek hybrid and the cross bar got a large crack close to the saddle. Shop says their policy is to send bike back to trek supplier (i'm in ireland) who have now said the crack is not covered under warranty. Bike was never in accident, never dropped, in perfect condition apart from the crack. Bike shop owner says he's going to warehouse to tell them that and will get back to me. Anyone else have any bad experiences with Trek or are they likely to come around and give me new bike?
in the US, Trek stands behind their warranties... no experience overseas though. It really may depend on your local shop and trek's 'local' representative going to bat for you.

·
SSasquatch
535 Posts
Did they tell you why the crack wasn't covered under warranty? I had a similar experience with another manufacturer where they initially told me that the crack (along the weld on seat tube) was not covered because it was caused by abuse. Alot of warranties only cover the welds and if there is evidence of a bent or dented tube then they will void it calling an accident failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.