Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Just looking for some advice.
I have an 05/06 bullit frame which iv managed to crack under the headtube. The crack is only about 1.5cms long. Is it still ok to ride or should i look for a new frame? I suppose Santa Cruz's warranty department wouldnt be able to anything for me?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys.
i just emailed santa cruz but im not the orginal owner so i doubt they'l be able to do much for me.

and TNC i'm not exactly sure when it happened but iv been using the bike as my dh bike and after an uplift day on saturday i gave the frame a once over and found the crack. Fairly annoyed about it as i found the bullit to be a perfect dh bike, but i guess ultimately it wasnt really designed for the kind of abuse i gave it.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Heff said:
Thanks for all the advice guys.
i just emailed santa cruz but im not the orginal owner so i doubt they'l be able to do much for me.
This is usefull information that you should have noted in our first post. :thumbsup:

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Heff said:
Just got an e-mail back from santa cruz. Basically they cant do anything for me so im going to have to retire the bullit. They wouldnt even offer me any money off a new one..
That is part of the reason why you probably got a good deal on the Bullit in the first place. When you buy used items for cheaper than buying a new one......getting screwed when that item fails is all part of your price savings.:eek:

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Zen_Turtle said:
That sounds strange from SC.

Do you have pics of the damage?
From SC Website:

Limited Frame Warranty
Santa Cruz Bicycles will repair or replace at its option any frame it determines to be defective. The warranty will be in effect for two years from the date of sale and applies to the original owner. This warranty does not cover custom finishes.

Limited No-Fault Replacement
Santa Cruz Bicycles will make replacement parts available to the original owner at a minimal charge in the event of a crash or other non-warranty situation.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
mtnbikej said:
From SC Website:

Limited Frame Warranty
Santa Cruz Bicycles will repair or replace at its option any frame it determines to be defective. The warranty will be in effect for two years from the date of sale and applies to the original owner. This warranty does not cover custom finishes.

Limited No-Fault Replacement
Santa Cruz Bicycles will make replacement parts available to the original owner at a minimal charge in the event of a crash or other non-warranty situation.
I know that, but that doesn't mean they won't do anything to keep a customer who's going to have to buy another frame anyway.

G

·
I have 3 Santa Cruz bikes in the stable and luckily I haven't had to deal with their warranty department yet. From what I've gathered over the years, Santa Cruz has been known to occasionally "hook a brother up," by going beyond their stated warranty coverage. I suppose getting coverage over the stated warranty is probably the result of a case-by-case review of the particular situation, who at SC you are dealing with, and their particular mood that day. Personally, If I had a warrantly concern on my frame that would be considered questionable warranty-wise, I would call them direct, instead of emailing, so they can be a little more personal, perhaps sympathetic to my issue. Also, that way they don't have to leave a papertrail (email) of them agreeing to go over and beyond their stated warranty.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Black Dragon, you got it spot on there.

I'm the last call for warranty at the company i work for, if you've asked for warranty and don't fit the terms, then i'm the last chance Motel. The best way to get 'extended' warranty service is to be nice, a little pushy and make a good case why 'taking it on the chin' for them is the right thing to do.

The guy who doesn't get any support is the ******* who splashes his case all over the web, cussing the brand for a failed product he bought second hand...

it's no cost to the brand to offer you a dealer price replacement, but they'll only do this if you sound like you are worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.