Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying at the Pointe S. Mtn on Saturday evening and have spousal blessing for a crack-o-dawn ride on Sunday. Nothing too ambitious - probably National - Mormon to Buena Vista and back down w/Javelina tacked on if time permits. 2 hr ride planning on being back at the Pointe by 8am

0530 - Pima Canyon - Cranks Spinning - return to Pima Canyon by 0730 in time for hall pass expiration.

AZClydesdale will be showing off his Electrically Sexy Blue Ventana X5 and I will be there in a supporting role on my Electric Blue Turner Burner.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Do you mind if I tag along on my Electric Blue (actually Baja Blue according to Trek) Liquid 20?

Srexy said:
Staying at the Pointe S. Mtn on Saturday evening and have spousal blessing for a crack-o-dawn ride on Sunday. Nothing too ambitious - probably National - Mormon to Buena Vista and back down w/Javelina tacked on if time permits. 2 hr ride planning on being back at the Pointe by 8am

0530 - Pima Canyon - Cranks Spinning - return to Pima Canyon by 0730 in time for hall pass expiration.

AZClydesdale will be showing off his Electrically Sexy Blue Ventana X5 and I will be there in a supporting role on my Electric Blue Turner Burner.

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More than happy

to have the company - looks as if AZClydesdale may not make it due to an incident this morning w/a McDowell Mtn Milf.

I'll be on a blue Burner at the Ramada at the bottom of the jeep trail.

Cya there at 0530!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
This has GOT to be a good story... :p

Srexy said:
to have the company - looks as if AZClydesdale may not make it due to an incident this morning w/a McDowell Mtn Milf.

I'll be on a blue Burner at the Ramada at the bottom of the jeep trail.

Cya there at 0530!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Penthouse Forum #254: MILF?

funboarder1971 said:
This has GOT to be a good story... :p
You'll never believe what happened to me this morning.

After a restless night of sleep, I decided to clear the cobwebs before heading to work. Knocking out a 90 minutes on the new X5 should be just the trick. At 5:30 this morning it was well on it's way to be one of those steamy, sultry July days. The kind of day that'll make you to break into a sweat by just looking out a window. I slid onto the willing X5 and worked into a slow rhythmic motion. This sure feels good compared with the hard and rigid lines of the roadbike. It is more primal, rugged, with domination over all my senses. Wow! The rhythm was building and building, going faster and faster working up the climax of the Lost Dog overlook. There, it was done. The feeling of making it to the top always feels good and never gets old.

Returning home is when the morning got interesting.

I descended the mountain and headed into a long rocky wash. At the bottom of the steep hill stood a resident of the McDowell Mtn Ranch. There she was in her silk jogging suit, her rings, and shiney jewelry. There was enough plastic in her chest than 6 US Coast Guard Approved PFDs, but I continued rolling at a modest speed down the hill. I kept far over the side away from her so not to be clotheslined by the appendages.

Suddenly my front wheel stops. Gravel and bolders are instantly approaching my head as I flip into a clipped-in Endo. A bolting flash of pain. Stars fill my vision.

That is when I heard it.

A squeaky, uncompasionate, giggling voice say something. "Oh my Gawd…(heehee!)....Like, do you like wreck all the time or what?....(Heehee!)...That's a real good way to start off a day, isn't it?? (Heehee!)".

My shoulder is screaming but I do not say a word. My shorts are ripped. I get to my feet and pickup my bike. She is totally amused at my misfortune and thrilled by her luck to witness such a funny scene. No concern, no verification if I was OK or injured. I ride away as she continues to snicker. I am certain that if I was mortally wounded, she would have continued her walk then MAYBE called help upon completion of her walk.

I made it home OK. The bike is OK. Not sure if I will goto the Doctor or not. I have limited arm motion and plenty of rotator cup pain everytime I move. Oh well, such is the life of a mountainbiker living in Snottsdale.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Is that 2 for 2 OTB's on the new rig? Today and the mishap with Rex. Be careful or you will end up like me - completely losing my edge and reduced to riding smooth dirt roads in fear of endo-ing. :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
#2 for ride #2

Yes, I am off to a bad start. :-(

I didn't have this trouble over 5 days riding the Tomac Eli. And I am fairly confident it has nothing to do with the X5 itself. Even tho it still needs some tweeking.

Perhaps it has to do with my recent embracing the dark side? Yes, that must be it! The MTB gods are very angry with me. I need to find something to sacrafice or a witch doctor to excorcise my bike. Let me know if you have any suggestions :)

Dirdir said:
Is that 2 for 2 OTB's on the new rig? Today and the mishap with Rex. Be careful or you will end up like me - completely losing my edge and reduced to riding smooth dirt roads in fear of endo-ing. :D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
OK, now wait one minute....

Thats my pick up move! You stole my move!!!! I have the marks to prove it too!!!

I've just never been able to time it with a trail hottie (or Tammy Faye Bakker, in your case)! :rolleyes:

Sheesh! The things I do to get a date! :D

Seriously though, are you okay? I just OTB'ed last week, and it still hurts!

AZClydesdale said:
You'll never believe what happened to me this morning.

After a restless night of sleep, I decided to clear the cobwebs before heading to work. Knocking out a 90 minutes on the new X5 should be just the trick. At 5:30 this morning it was well on it's way to be one of those steamy, sultry July days. The kind of day that'll make you to break into a sweat by just looking out a window. I slid onto the willing X5 and worked into a slow rhythmic motion. This sure feels good compared with the hard and rigid lines of the roadbike. It is more primal, rugged, with domination over all my senses. Wow! The rhythm was building and building, going faster and faster working up the climax of the Lost Dog overlook. There, it was done. The feeling of making it to the top always feels good and never gets old.

Returning home is when the morning got interesting.

I descended the mountain and headed into a long rocky wash. At the bottom of the steep hill stood a resident of the McDowell Mtn Ranch. There she was in her silk jogging suit, her rings, and shiney jewelry. There was enough plastic in her chest than 6 US Coast Guard Approved PFDs, but I continued rolling at a modest speed down the hill. I kept far over the side away from her so not to be clotheslined by the appendages.

Suddenly my front wheel stops. Gravel and bolders are instantly approaching my head as I flip into a clipped-in Endo. A bolting flash of pain. Stars fill my vision.

That is when I heard it.

A squeaky, uncompasionate, giggling voice say something. "Oh my Gawd…(heehee!)....Like, do you like wreck all the time or what?....(Heehee!)...That's a real good way to start off a day, isn't it?? (Heehee!)".

My shoulder is screaming but I do not say a word. My shorts are ripped. I get to my feet and pickup my bike. She is totally amused at my misfortune and thrilled by her luck to witness such a funny scene. No concern, no verification if I was OK or injured. I ride away as she continues to snicker. I am certain that if I was mortally wounded, she would have continued her walk then MAYBE called help upon completion of her walk.

I made it home OK. The bike is OK. Not sure if I will goto the Doctor or not. I have limited arm motion and plenty of rotator cup pain everytime I move. Oh well, such is the life of a mountainbiker living in Snottsdale.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ok

I cast the move with expert form and precision, but unfortunately the fish was rotten and had to be thrown back. I am fine, but I scheduled an appointment for later. I need to get my Lipitor prescription filled again anyway.

Down, but not out. heh-heh

funboarder1971 said:
OK, now wait one minute....Thats my pick up move! You stole my move!!!! I have the marks to prove it too!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Seinfeld

Well, if you have form and style, how can I deny my move to someone like you? :)

AZClydesdale said:
I cast the move with expert form and precision, but unfortunately the fish was rotten and had to be thrown back. I am fine, but I scheduled an appointment for later. I need to get my Lipitor prescription filled again anyway.

Down, but not out. heh-heh

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Yes, I am off to a bad start. :-(

I didn't have this trouble over 5 days riding the Tomac Eli. And I am fairly confident it has nothing to do with the X5 itself. Even tho it still needs some tweeking.

Perhaps it has to do with my recent embracing the dark side? Yes, that must be it! The MTB gods are very angry with me. I need to find something to sacrafice or a witch doctor to excorcise my bike. Let me know if you have any suggestions :)
I have found that my lucky white saddle brings me good luck.

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
N/p

Met Flying Wombat close to 0530 and we took off around 0540 (must have just missed you).

We rode up National to Buena Vista and then back down. Finished up via Javelina and Beverly Canyon. We kept up a fairly brisk pace abetted by the lack of the group dynamic and wound up back at Pima Canyon around 0815.

I'll probably be out there again next weekend if you're interested. Will post up closer to the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.