Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone sees this bike PLEASE email me.
There is a 500 dollar reward to find this bike!!.
A friend of mine in the REgina area had his Norco Buzz stolen yesterday.
He just bought it also.
HEres the specs.
2001 buzz frame white
new dj2's
8inch hayes
race face cranks
shimano drive train
slim handle bars
face face bash gaurd
has alex rims
and has no knicks or sractches on it
Clear grips.
Old tire wrapped aropund the chain stays to protect them.

The bike is near mint/ mint condish.
It was stolen approx 4 blocks from the University of Regian at the Subway sub shop.
Again. 500CAD reward for this.( according to the owner ).

·
Registered
545 Posts
Suggest reduce reward to $100 and add the condition that the thief's t*sticles are attached to the bars.

Post it where the crackheads can see it.

Even if they do the wrong crackhead, it stops them reproducing:)

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
datako said:
Suggest reduce reward to $100 and add the condition that the thief's t*sticles are attached to the bars.

Post it where the crackheads can see it.

Even if they do the wrong crackhead, it stops them reproducing:)
yeah what he said :D 100 bucks + dingle nuts' nuts on the bars :D detached of course.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Ahhh-my bike was stolen 4-5months ago from the University of Virginia--damn campus crackheads. However, do you have the serial number to your frame? Give that to the police and local bike shops... and yea, that'll come in handy...

·
Banned
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ickyickyptngzutboing said:
Ahhh-my bike was stolen 4-5months ago from the University of Virginia--damn campus crackheads. However, do you have the serial number to your frame? Give that to the police and local bike shops... and yea, that'll come in handy...
Well as I posted, I dont actually own the bike its a friend of mines bike and he did call the cops and all they said to him was" these things happen".

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Sorry for the misread :eek: ...

Well, I was lucky enough to have the police here work with me on this (to no avail as of yet...). However, tell your friend to visit all the local bike shops with a description and picture of the bike (w/serial if he has it). After that, tell him to visit the bike shops in all surrounding cities--it's tedious, but odds are they won't stay with that bike in your friend's city. If he has the time, tell him to check pawn shops, but the police told me [that in this area] pawn shops won't accept a bike if it looks used. I checked a few, and it seemed to be true. Also, ebay. Tell your friend to become a slave to ebay, and search by anything that was "written" on the bike--logos and stickers. Search under general mountain bike. And last, tell him to carry around a baseball bat--'cause lord knows, if I find those a$$wipes that stole my bike, I will beat the living sh|t out of them [I have a strong feeling that it was some local who stole my bike...]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a bike stolen about 5 years ago. Never got it back, but the cops here were great about it. Came to my house and took a full report, even drove around town looking for it. Wan't insured either, $5000CAD bye bye.

Now my bikes are insured. And never ever leaves my sight. I even take it into the mall with me. Nobody has said a word to me about it. I also printed out a small card that says "IF THE NAME ON THE WORK ORDER IS DIFFERENT THAN BELOW THIS BIKE IS STOLEN!!!! PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE AND PHONE ME. I HAVE ALL RECIEPTS AND SERIAL #'s TO PROVE IT'S MINE." Followed by my name, adress and telephone#. Then I laminated it and wrapped it around the BB.And also put one around the steerer tube. No guarantee but hey if they try and get it worked on.............

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
Particulary, how did you insure it? I'm just finishing up my new bike, and my parent's homeowner insurance (I'm in college lol) didn't cover my other bike when it was stolen because it wasn't stolen from within my dorm. Alas, I want to insure my new baby...

By the way, the card idea is pretty ingenious...

·
Registered
69 Posts
ickyickyptngzutboing said:
Particulary, how did you insure it? I'm just finishing up my new bike, and my parent's homeowner insurance (I'm in college lol) didn't cover my other bike when it was stolen because it wasn't stolen from within my dorm. Alas, I want to insure my new baby...

By the way, the card idea is pretty ingenious...
Thanks. I figure it can't hurt.I

I had to add a ryder clause (sp?) to my contents insurance. Raised my premium by $75/year with a $350 deducatble for 3 bikes insured to a maximum of $7000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.