Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wich Frame ?

• P.2

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • P.1 Cr-mo

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • keep bolth and sell the components to build up a fully, in the mean time build up some storeage devi

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Hi all

as some of you know I have a 2004 Specialized P.2 and a 2005 Specialized P.1 Cr-Mo. I really have limited space in my garage, so I have to still sell another bike. What I was thinking about doing was, building up a fully. and haveing a HT. Wich bike should I pimp out ? I am guessing a budjet of around 400 dollars. I like bolth frames equally, But the P.1 cant run any gears :( but the frame feels a lot better in the skate park. feels horrible on the trails, the P.2 is the opposite.

Wich one should I pimp out ? and what should I do to it ?

also remember, this is for the frame only, some of the components from the other frame would go on the other bike ....

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
East Coast Bender said:
does ur P1 have a gyro or am i just seeing things?
it does...

if i were you, (i alreadyt said keep the p1) i'd get rid of the gyro, get a good bmx lever, linear cable, and an avid road mech.

then some pedals, and then some...

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
I may be incorrect, but consider this trick.

Keep the Chromoly frame, you could file out the dropouts so you could move the wheel a little more forward (shorter/longer efective chainstay), giving you different handling traits. I've done this with a couple frames, and is why (due to a tight budget I ran everything I had on my Surly 1x1). I can set it up for DJ'ing, Slalom, XC, just by moving things as little as 3/32" fore or aft. If you play with the chainstay length you're sure to find that "magical" set-up. Take what you feel to be the best parts, sell off or trade everything else out to save some cash and take some of the tips everyone else has offered and let us know what you decide. If you have anymore questions, ask, or you could pm me.(I check my messages every other day.)

p.s.-Re: chain tension...if you have to half-link the chain to fix the tension, or get a tension/derailleur tug to run gears.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
obi.one.speed.only said:
Keep the Chromoly frame, you could file out the dropouts so you could move the wheel a little more forward (shorter/longer efective chainstay), giving you different handling traits. I've done this with a couple frames, and is why (due to a tight budget I ran everything I had on my Surly 1x1). I can set it up for DJ'ing, Slalom, XC, just by moving things as little as 3/32" fore or aft. If you play with the chainstay length you're sure to find that "magical" set-up. Take what you feel to be the best parts, sell off or trade everything else out to save some cash and take some of the tips everyone else has offered and let us know what you decide. If you have anymore questions, ask, or you could pm me.(I check my messages every other day.)

p.s.-Re: chain tension...if you have to half-link the chain to fix the tension, or get a tension/derailleur tug to run gears.
theres no whay in hell you could do that with this frame, you have to keep the wheel pulled back to tension the chain, or use chain tensioners. no singulators, no mounts for gears or anything.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
todd_freeride said:
theres no whay in hell you could do that with this frame, you have to keep the wheel pulled back to tension the chain, or use chain tensioners. no singulators, no mounts for gears or anything.
yes you could.

take out a link and put it al the way in the drop out, or run a half link like XSL_WILL said.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
JBsoxB said:
it does...

if i were you, (i alreadyt said keep the p1) i'd get rid of the gyro, get a good bmx lever, linear cable, and an avid road mech.

then some pedals, and then some...
No, I dont think I will get rid of the Gyro. I really like it actually. I dont mind running mechanicals, and i do a lot of barspins and stuff, so it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.