Votes: 6 85.7%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am about to get a new bike, a new DJ/Trail/enduro hardtail. I need to sell one od my old ones due to space :( I have a 2005 Specialized P.1 Cr-Mo and a 2004 Specialized P.2. I really like the P.2's frame, I for some reason go a LOT bigger on this frame, my tables are flatter, x-ups are more smooth, i'm good at flicking it around on the street. I think this has to do with the 26" in the back. I love the P.1 but I suck when I ride it. I cant get my tables out of this bike for some reason, tricks like 180s and 360s are easier but I am 10X smoother on this bike than I am on the P.2, I have a great flow when riding the P.1. cant run any gears though, cant run 26" ...the P.1 has some disadvantages ...but it is a lot less harsh on my body to ride.

there is one more option though, I (am trying to) sell my XC race bike, if I can get atleast 300 bucks for it, I would be able to keep all three, my enduro bike would handle all my XC needs. but then I would have 3 agressive hardtails. I see this as kinda pointless, but not too much. I could DJ my P.1, street ride my P.2 ....and do all the above with my enduro (wouldent perform as well though)

So when it comes down to it. would you keep the aluminum or the Cr-mo frame, knowing that you are better and worse at some things. if I kept the P.2 all the parts from the P.1 (ecept the rear rim and tire) would go on my P.2 due to the newer parts package. plus the P.2 would be SS then.

wich bike would you keep and why ?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
how about option 5....get a 2X4 and screw it into some studs.....then get some cheap coated hooks and drill holes in the 2X4...screw in the hooks...there is your space saver....keep all your bikes

second if you are so tied up inside choosing then it is better to wait and make your decision where you have a clear choice what bike you wouldn't want to ride

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
second if you are so tied up inside choosing then it is better to wait and make your decision where you have a clear choice what bike you wouldn't want to ride
SMT, this is great advice....umm, wow! :D j/k man, Good advice, fo real.

Id keep the P1. Dont let yourself fall into the "I cant ride this bike or that" syndrome. Unless the geometry is radically different (which it isn't in this case), you can ride either, its really in your head. Id keep the P1. The Cro-Mo will take a much better pounding than the AL frame.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
how about option 5....get a 2X4 and screw it into some studs.....then get some cheap coated hooks and drill holes in the 2X4...screw in the hooks...there is your space saver....keep all your bikes

i'm trying to convince my dad to let me :( he says "no, its going to take up more space !" I really dont see how.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
namaSSte said:
SMT, this is great advice....umm, wow! :D j/k man, Good advice, fo real.

Id keep the P1. Dont let yourself fall into the "I cant ride this bike or that" syndrome. Unless the geometry is radically different (which it isn't in this case), you can ride either, its really in your head. Id keep the P1. The Cro-Mo will take a much better pounding than the AL frame.
naw, I think it might have to do with just having the 24" in the back, makes me smoother, but not as good at anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.