·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Go for it! It looks almost NOS.

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
eastcoaststeve said:
Anyone rememer this one or have any info on it? I'm thinking of adding it to the stable since it needs a home and I always need ANOTHER bike.

Steve
My guess is that the serial number will start with a "DS" Coyote and Research Dynamics were originally done by an outdoor store chain based in I beleive Boise. I ran into Vaughn a number of times in Taiwan back in the day. They had a lot of bikes produced at Dodsun hence the DS. They were the first 9000/9001 factory in Tawian long before Giant, Merida and Wheeler which had much bigger factories in the late 80's to mid 90's. Specialized, Iron Horse, Gary Fisher (Pre-Trek) and a number of others had bikes done there also. There quality was the best in Taiwan for years and their paint and graphic options were better than most factories too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had one that I bought at a sporting goods store back in '94. I think it was a ski company that was trying to broaden it range. It got me through a lot of drunken cross-campus rides for 5 years...

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
Here's a pic for you Steve, saw this one locked up outside MEC in Toronto on Sunday - guess we know where Klein got the idea for Dolomite paint from now...

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
If you mean the low-profile cantilevers, I would guess they were a later edition. Frame and most other parts look 89-91ish to me. Maybe didn't actually pre-date the Dolomite Attitude (first seen 1990 IIRC) but I would guess appeared in parallel?

I believe the company only existed 1985-1994, but produced amongst many other models an Easton tubed Ultralite frame and a Titanium frame (the Ultimate?).

·
slow
6,870 Posts
Looks like Mountain LX drivetrain on the Coyote photographed above. That was only done one year IIRC, and would have been '89 or '90? I think those front brakes are Scott SE cantilevers.

I sold RD in my ski / bike shop from '91 - '93 and the pictured bike pre-dates what we carried.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts