Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
So, on this trail, no pedaling is required??
:eek: ;)

That was fun to watch. I like how, when you change direction, your shadow swoops around in front of you. And when the sun is due behind you, it's like a reflection on the ground of you riding.

It's interesting how like Austin trailscape that is, except that it would be under some trees here. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Very nice video - thanks. Some good camera work, very stable and I really like the shot showing the fork movement :thumbsup: Just curious, what sort of speed were you guys trucking at there? Looks pretty fast, and what about that section at about 3:50, if you were riding those trails for the first time at that speed you could be for a good bit of hurt not knowing that was coming :D Browsed a few other of your videos and almost forgot to mention great tunes :thumbsup:

Take a peak over in the Front Range, CO forum for a video by Cytoe, he found a host that gives better quality than Vimeo. Also if you wouldn't mind, care to share camera and the different setups/positions you use and the mount?

·
Brit on a trip
453 Posts
Thanks for posting - I enjoyed that. I was there with friends in October. I think we climbed up at least some of the stuff you went down - hard to tell for sure but recognised a couple of features we scrabbled up.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lynx...."Also if you wouldn't mind, care to share camera and the different setups/positions you use and the mount?"
I have the GoPro Wide with their seatpost/handlebar tube clamp. I've tried clamping it all around the bike but I always seem to come back to the handlebars ;)

scorpionwoman...."So, on this trail, no pedaling is required??"
I didn't record the climb but believe me it's there! :arf:

bsieb...."Perhaps we could drop in on the way to burning man this year and ride in YNOTW."
Just post up when you're on the way :ihih:

Thanks everyone for the replies :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Thanks for the reply BD, is this the camera you're referencing below? Just asked about the setup because AFAIK if you mounted a camera to the actual bike the footage was normally all blury from the jarring it took and yours is very clear and smooth.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
LyNx said:
Just curious, what sort of speed were you guys trucking at there? Looks pretty fast, and what about that section at about 3:50, if you were riding those trails for the first time at that speed you could be for a good bit of hurt not knowing that was coming :D
It's not a super fast downhill. It's kinda what I call techy flow. Speeds probably vary between 10-20 mph generally with some obvious slow switchbacks and a coupla places where you can get a bit more speed up.

That section at 3:50 isn't bad at all but it does get a bit skinny there with some exposure. It's tougher going up.:D

Hey Matt, I noticed you edited out the step up over that big flat rock in fossil canyon and the last little 90 degree step down turn at the bottom.What's up with that? ;)

BTW.... who tore out that little joshua tree that used to guard the cheater line on the step down switchback at 0:55. It really makes climbing that switchback easy. Why do people have to dumb things down?

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
KRob said:
Great video, Matt. I love the Cowboy Trails and eventhough I took the "other" way down last week, I still love retraceing the climb on the descent too. It's a great ride.

Good quality, good editing, good music, good trail = good vid. Thanks
[email protected] the other way and the eventual result. You've got huge balls for even going off this monster:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Beagledadi,

Great video. I think you also posted one for Prescott that was great as well. Makes me just want to get on my dang bike and go find some flowy singletrack!!!

BTW for a guy wanting to get started in the video department..what exactly do I need? Camera (your footage looked great), but what about software you use to edit the video? and how difficult is it to do? Any advice appreciated as I have about 30 DVDs of video of my kids that I need to get working on and would love to start making videos of mountain biking as well.

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
Very nice! Man, I sure miss this trail. Nothing like some good Boneshaker action after a 10 mile climb.
Thats why this vid is deceptive. It shows the back of the out and back. If you think this is more awesome that bootleg keep in mind that you're climbing 1800+ feet in like 7 miles. THEN you get to have some fun. Pay to play!

I do like it, but its work getting to the top, especially on an SS.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great job! To be sure it's not all down hill..... For those visiting in the future it's not a "come one come all " ride. Truth is if your girlfriend isn't good on a bike let her go to the spa for the day, that way you will both have a good evening. Happy Trails

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.