Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
desert dweller
Ventana El Ciclon
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having found that cool new (to me) trail in the Cowboy Trails system in Red Rock I wanted to try it again without the wind. See http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=153580

New Years Eve saw E!, NMPhi767 and myself tackle the same trails I rode in the gail force winds earlier in the week. This time the wind was 5-8 mph at the base and with the storm moving in on us (again), 20-25mph at the top. I guess we need to plan these rides earlier in the fall. At least the trail stays in the canyons for two thirds of the ride. I didn't get quite as many photos this time --but, here are a few.

Note: I had some pretty major smudginess on my lens so there are some blurry sections on the photos.

mbb

photo 1: E working up the hill
photo 2: Joshua doing the same
photo 3: the top of Bob Gnarly
photo 4: Bob Knargly rocking out
photo 5: Still rocking after all these minutes

Attachments

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
jaco said:
looks like you gotta work on your dropping skilz... ;)
It wasn't the drop in the picture that worried me, it was the larger one immediately after that I couldn't seem to figure out. Don't worry though, I'll get it next time.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
slowrider said:
I tried to find that place once but I didn't have much time and ended up on another trail. I'll have to try again.
I would be more than happy to show you where it is.

·
Banned
656 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
It wasn't the drop in the picture that worried me, it was the larger one immediately after that I couldn't seem to figure out. Don't worry though, I'll get it next time.
when you do send in the pics...looks like a real cool spot :cool:

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Cool looking ride guys. This was New Year's Eve? I was actually in Logandale and thinking about going down to Vegas to ride. I ended up riding around a bit near Valley of Fire.... Ever feel like you brought a stick to a gun fight?

I'm pretty sure I started down this canyon once and gave up as it got rockier and more unrideable. Did I just not persist long enough? Or is most of it rideable? Maybe I was in the wrong canyon. It sure looks like it though.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
KRob,

The trail is real easy to lose through that canyon because no one rides it. Since no one rides it, nice sharp bushes grow over the trail. They feel oh so good against your skin! Anyway, we'll show you next time you are in town. As long as it is not at 6 in the am when it is 30 degrees.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.