Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Go make a difference
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's heading to Charlotte this weekend? I know Eddie O and Nam....and maybe Gary and Annie....who else? PRAJC?

I'll have some Terrapin in the cooler -- bring beef jerky or fig newtons to pay the toll to my dog and she'll grant you access to the cooler.

And before you ask, here's the link.....www.cowbellchallenge.org

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Namrita, sorry to hear about your injury -- get well soon! I just read about it in your blog a few minutes ago; you are lucky that the bone is not broken. Give it some time to heal and rest; if you are still sore on Friday, I suggest to skip the race.

·
Registered
936 Posts
prajc said:
Namrita, sorry to hear about your injury -- get well soon! I just read about it in your blog a few minutes ago; you are lucky that the bone is not broken. Give it some time to heal and rest; if you are still sore on Friday, I suggest to skip the race.
thanks. words i know but don't like to hear :( hopefully 2007 is better for me + racing :madman:

just got back from the vet with my doggy and he has a broken toe! never a dull moment around here....see you friday.

·
Registered
124 Posts
namrita said:
thanks. words i know but don't like to hear :( hopefully 2007 is better for me + racing :madman:
Sorry Nam, I was a bit harsh with my comment. If you feel OK on Friday, you may want to race the shorter 6 hour race, which may be better than racing solo for 12 hours. There are still many races left in the season -- ORAMM, SM 100, 24 hours of Pisgah, etc; you still have enough time to recover and train for these races. Good luck this weekend!

·
Registered
936 Posts
prajc said:
Sorry Nam, I was a bit harsh with my comment. If you feel OK on Friday, you may want to race the shorter 6 hour race, which may be better than racing solo for 12 hours. There are still many races left in the season -- ORAMM, SM 100, 24 hours of Pisgah, etc; you still have enough time to recover and train for these races. Good luck this weekend!
oh no, i didn't take it as harsh! no worries, see you this weekend :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cool, good idea TD.

Question for anyone with knowledge re: SS gearing-- I normally ride 32x20 (local trails in ATL) and 32x22 in the North GA mountains, on my 29er. I am planning to use the 22T to for the 12 hour. Think I'll be ok? Or should I jump up to a 32x23? FWIW, I've never done anything longer than 5 hours on the SS. I know there is a lot of climbing at Catawba, but I can't remember how much of it is flat. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
teamdicky said:
I have to go sign up Friday night, but I am in. After my dissapointing race last week I am looking for some revenge.

Crow style revenge.
"We all have our pleasures, mine is the pain of others."
Comments are turned off on your blog. . . NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there all gonna laugh at you!

I believe it was Doc Holiday's quote from Tombstone "Oh don't get him wrong, it's not revenge he's after. . . its the reckoning."

See ya Saturday morning.

·
Category Winner
6,117 Posts
namrita said:
Cool, good idea TD.

Question for anyone with knowledge re: SS gearing-- I normally ride 32x20 (local trails in ATL) and 32x22 in the North GA mountains, on my 29er. I am planning to use the 22T to for the 12 hour. Think I'll be ok? Or should I jump up to a 32x23? FWIW, I've never done anything longer than 5 hours on the SS. I know there is a lot of climbing at Catawba, but I can't remember how much of it is flat. Thanks in advance.
No real flat parts at Catawba. I gear down from 34X17 (which I normally run locally) to a 34X19. I can make the nasty "Goat Hill Climb" with my 34X17, but it wears on me pretty quickly. Just remember that you'll probably be walking up some of the climbs eventually.

·
Go make a difference
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
extrmtao said:
I believe it was Doc Holiday's quote from Tombstone "Oh don't get him wrong, it's not revenge he's after. . . its the reckoning."
NICE :thumbsup:

TD, I feel your paina bit. I've not been able to get but one race in this year and my performance was unsatisfactory at best. Personally, I'm looking for some redemption and need some momentum going into ORAMM. I think you have a WW, right? Are you racing it this weekend? I'll have mine there -- pink saddle = easy to spot. I look forward to meeting you. I may be at the pre race party Friday night -- it all depends on what time I get to Charlotte and suck down some food. Plus I'll have to talk a non-riding friend into tagging along.....hopefully the lure of beer will be enough!

Nam, let the hand heal -- Heartbreak Ridge and Kitsuma will suck if you can't hold the bars! Oh wait, I won't be able to hold the bars either unless I change something.....need.....new.....front.........tyre......need......suspension........!

See ya Saturday!

·
H8 H8 H8
858 Posts
Word.

k2biker said:
So who's heading to Charlotte this weekend? I know Eddie O and Nam....and maybe Gary and Annie....who else? PRAJC?

I'll have some Terrapin in the cooler -- bring beef jerky or fig newtons to pay the toll to my dog and she'll grant you access to the cooler.

And before you ask, here's the link.....www.cowbellchallenge.org
See ya'll there.

ZB

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.