Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
701 - 710 of 710 Posts

·
always licking the glass
2,658 Posts
that's easy, mask mandate has little effect if the population is full of idiots breaking all sorts of rules their entire life and consider covid a scam or scheme, don't take it seriously, and just ignore common sense and decency for their neighbors. DUH
We live in a country full of idiots. Not likely to have heard immunity for that reason (anti-vaxx): Is herd immunity to COVID-19 possible? Experts increasingly say no.

What amazes me is these are the same people who feel COVID-19 is the equivalent of a flu, and hate wearing masks. But they’re unwilling to do what they can to move out of a pandemic.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,265 Posts
Incredible to think there's a debate about filtering air, lol. The idiocy shown by the anti-maskers is staggering.

There have been MANY studies done on the subject. There is also a correlation between viral load and how sick you get, so partially filtering the air is still valuable and may make the difference between getting sick and not, or sever sickness vs lesser severity. Maybe organ damage vs not...

Also, the lack of understanding about how increasing vaccination rates means fewer deaths is simply amazing.

I hope these idiots realize it never had to be like this. YOU are the reason 1/2 million Americans died, while we would have always had some fatalities, we have 10x as many as we could have had if people would have made the earlier lockdowns effective. We could have been like New Zealand. But no, you gotta have your "freedumb" to infect others. **** You.

·
Registered
344 Posts
that's easy, mask mandate has little effect if the population is full of idiots breaking all sorts of rules their entire life and consider covid a scam or scheme, don't take it seriously, and just ignore common sense and decency for their neighbors. DUH

mask mandates work better when everyone or a significant majority step up and do the right thing, 24x7. the right thing is definitely not happening for many groups of people.

no one should need to be told or mandated 'wear a mask'...they just need to know holy crap a new sars variant, sars2...I'll do whatever it takes....

that is just not happening except for a few smart people who get it right as soon as the news breaks.

others whine and complain no I ain't gonna do it you can't make me.....so then we need mandates....and people still whine and complain oh they be taking my rights away...blahlahblah

truly sickening how selfish sooooooooooooo many people are. mind blowing
Wow. This post is just dripping with assumptions and judgment. I live in NM, where we have had some of the most stringent mandates in the nation but quite bad Covid numbers, if you believe them. The level of compliance with the mandates is extremely high, so high that I rarely see people without masks when I leave the house. Yet Mr. Scientist here assumes that the population here must be full of idiots.

To be fully bought in to mask wearing and vaccines, you have to believe what the government and "scientists" are telling us, even though what they say changes from one week to the next. Bottom line for me: you want to wear a mask, wear one. You want to get the experimental shots, go ahead. Just don't tell me what I have to do. All that said, I am in full compliance when the situation calls for it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
On a lighter note, Ted Nugent came down with the COVIDS! Made my day when I saw that...
Very typical of those trying to control others, expressing happiness at the misfortune of someone with whom you disagree. Do you wish death upon him? Will it also make your day when he (most likely) fully recovers?

·
Registered
255 Posts
If y'all want to debate about masks, go start a mask thread.

Now that the vaccine is available to all 16 and up, are there any young ones here that got the vaccine yet? Anybody have teenage children that have got the vaccine?

Was anyone here scheduled for the J&J but had to change plans due to the 'pause'?

·
Registered
297 Posts
can't believe I am posting again.

virus particles do not float around by themselves, they are attached to water droplets, which are thousands of times
larger than the virus particle

masks slow down the velocity and therefore the spread of the air when you speak and breathe, cough or sneeze

that is all it needs to do, to have a significant impact on the spread. slow down the blast from your face holes

and no one cares how healthy you think you are, you can still have the virus and spread it without any symptoms whatsoever. that's the whole reason this is a damn pandemic, it sneaks into populations and spreads easier than anything we've dealt with before and no one knows until days later. it would be better if it knocked everyone flat on day one...then we'd have every sick person just stay home and it would not spread.

to resolve corona virus issues, we need thinking and unselfish people to follow the science, yet here we are dealing with...again...ignorance.

View attachment 1927195
Thanks for posting this.
I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Very typical of those trying to control others, expressing happiness at the misfortune of someone with whom you disagree. Do you wish death upon him? Will it also make your day when he (most likely) fully recovers?
Disagree is an understatement. He's a despicable oaf. Folks who agree with his controversial nonsense are filled with nothing but hatred, so yeah, he can go chew a dong as far as I care!!

But really...COVID is over-rated and not serious, so no harm done.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts
Wow. This post is just dripping with assumptions and judgment. I live in NM, where we have had some of the most stringent mandates in the nation but quite bad Covid numbers, if you believe them. The level of compliance with the mandates is extremely high, so high that I rarely see people without masks when I leave the house. Yet Mr. Scientist here assumes that the population here must be full of idiots.

To be fully bought in to mask wearing and vaccines, you have to believe what the government and "scientists" are telling us, even though what they say changes from one week to the next. Bottom line for me: you want to wear a mask, wear one. You want to get the experimental shots, go ahead. Just don't tell me what I have to do. All that said, I am in full compliance when the situation calls for it.
if you are one example of the population there, then I'm onto something....

I'm right, my pals who work at Abbott, who fund and work at UCSF, who work in the same Wuhan lab that worked on SARS1 and SARS2 (covid is 2) are all right too. it's a **** situation worsened by failed leadership decisions.

(look up the relationship between Abbott and UCSF and SARS research if you want to figure out how they are all related)

oh here I'll hold your hand

yeah a few peeps who do this work, are hammerheads and ride buds, and casual acquaintances

701 - 710 of 710 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.